Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Severe pain in upper arms!  (Read 9499 times)

Laine

Re: Severe pain in upper arms!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 04:36:36 PM »

It's in my neck Taz but I can feel over the last few months that it's affected my arms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »

People don't die from osteo arthritis ……….. it's 'norma' wear and tear of the joints because humans evolved upright!

Try to sit as upright as you are able for a few moments a day to extend the area between the shoulders and base of the neck into the head.  Shoulder exercises gently.  Brisk walking.  Pain relief if necessary that's what it's designed for  ;)

Laine

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 07:36:18 PM »

I do get headaches more often than I used to and they are possibly connected to the neck pain.  I try and correct my posture whenever I remember but it's been so long now that I've hunched my shoulders it just seems natural that way  ::)

I've been trying one of the exercises that CLKD mentioned where you lean your ear to the shoulder and after just a couple of days it does seem to be easing as when I first tried on the right side it was agony and I could hardly lean my head to that side. I try to do it several times a day  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2015, 08:01:21 PM »

It's remembering to exercise that is my biggest problem  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »

It's in my neck Taz but I can feel over the last few months that it's affected my arms.

This happened to me too. I suggest that you ask to be referred for physio. I usually have a six week course every nine months or so which keeps things ok. The weak or tingling arms are a right pain but with the right exercises this can really be helped. I found the NHS physio service excellent apart from the long wait for referral.

sparkle you have my sympathy - I remember those headaches from muscle tension. My husband gets dreadful ones due to a back and shoulder problem but, being of the "I can cope with this myself" ilk he hasn't ever asked for any physio.

Taz x
Pages: 1 [2]