Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Would you go back?  (Read 16906 times)

GeordieGirl

Would you go back?
« on: March 29, 2015, 01:15:03 PM »

Ok, so our candles are increasing on each birthday cake but would you turn back time and go back to your teens or twenties? I wouldn't. I love being my age, I love the fact my kids are gaining in independence; I (almost) understand men; I have my career sorted; I have time for me; I know much more than I did 20 years ago (mostly unimportant trivia but useful for quizzes); and I know who I am and am quite comfortable with that, sort of in an old-slippers kind of way.

I'd like to turn back the odd grey hair and little line starting to appear, oh and fit in the clothes I once thought of as my "fat pants" when I was 30, but would I swap? No thanks.

Here's to feeling the same about it all in another 20-30 years time.

GG x

honeybun

Re: Would you go back?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 01:26:54 PM »

I wouldn't go back to my teens or twenties but I would go back to late 30s early 40s.
My kids were young, I had energy and confidence. Life was good.

Life is not bad now but those were very happy days for me.

No aches and pains, no meno problems, no anxiety......Oh yes I would go back in a heartbeat. And what's more.....I would stay there.

Honeyb
x

dazned

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 01:45:34 PM »

Me too Huneybun! Bring it on ;D

They say you will come through this a new woman! Well I wish it would hurry up ! Knowing my luck I will come out as a 95 year old one !  :rofl:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 02:04:03 PM »

I've thought hard and no I wouldn't go back unless it was to those incidences where I didn't have any anxiety to affect the event.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:28:46 PM by CLKD »

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 02:21:08 PM »

Yes & no. I'd love my energy & my slimmer body back, but I've got a lovely hubby, 2 smashing kids & nowadays 2 wonderful grandchildren. So I'm happy to forfeit my vanity for them.

Dorothy

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 02:33:10 PM »

If I could go back while still retaining the knowledge and experience I have now, then yes.  Otherwise, no!

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »

I'd definitely go back. I loved being a teenager and everything up my late fifties. I hate this feeling of being a sort of shadow - not a woman anymore - sounds strange but that's how I feel - sort of not one sex or the other?  It's nothing to do with my fairly recent hysterectomy either as I have felt like it for the past three years or so. No passion - just invisible. Anyone else?

Taz x

dazned

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »

Yes Taz know exactly what you mean ! I said the same words to gynecologist,I don't feel like a woman,I don't feel like an anything ! Just here !  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 05:37:28 PM »

You understand what I mean then. I feel really envious (not in a nasty way) watching younger women out and about full of confidence in their own ability and I guess their status in life. It's an odd feeling and one that older women have mentioned over the years and, of course, you never think it will happen to you! Obviously not everyone feels like that though.

Taz x  :-\

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 06:06:34 PM »

I would go back.
Life till I got to 50 was good.
Not any more.

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »

I love watching my daughter. Young,pretty and confident and every thing in front of her. I get to kind of live it again through her as she comes home and tells me what's been happening.

I don't like the invisible feeling. It's as if you are not here. People look through you...I guess it's just part of getting older but it's a part I really don't like.

Honeyb
x

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »

only if I could go back with all the knowledge that I have learned over the years

Dulciana

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 07:27:13 PM »

I wouldn't, because life has definitely got oodles better for me over the last few years.  Doors have opened and I've made more of a mark for myself than I ever did before about 2006.  My self-esteem has gone right up and I'm not the insecure, nothing-y person I used to be.   Menopause?  Well, it's been a typical bumpy ride but it hasn't stopped my emerging from my chrysalis - even though it's happened in my 50's and not in my 20's!    :)

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 10:05:10 PM »

Anyone know what's happened to Geordie Girl.

She hasn't been around for ages and she was having investigations done for something bowel related I think.

Hope she is ok.

Honeybun
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 07:55:14 AM »

I would go back to my younger self and give myself a hug and tell myself I was doing ok, I'm fact pretty amazingly. Life, even with health issues, is good now. Now I go out the door, having made myself look as good as I can, then stop worrying what I look like. None of that angst of teenage years.
Pages: [1] 2