Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Sock recommendations please  (Read 6319 times)

Joyce

Sock recommendations please
« on: March 25, 2015, 02:02:39 PM »

So fed up with ankle socks which do not stay in place. Got blistered feet the other day with ones which walked down/round my feet constantly. No sooner pulled up & off they went again.  No problem with knee length socks, but only wear them in the depths of winter. But until summer comes I still need to keep my tootsies comfy & warm. Think the problem arises from one size socks. I only have size 4/5 feet but socks usually fit up to size 7.

Anyone recommend socks which stay put?

Dancinggirl

Re: Sock recommendations please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »

Hi cubagirl
I have exactly the same problems you - my feet are 2 and a half and most socks creep and crease inside my shoes and give me blisters etc. I wear long knee high socks from M&S during the winter because these stay up and I wear them inside out so the seams don't rub.  There are also some great socks made by a company called 'Falke' ( your can google their site) - they are expensive but are shaped so they fit better and often have specific right and left socks. Hope that helps.  DG x

BrightLight

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 04:54:26 PM »

I am also a size 4 and buy socks online from Sock Shop - I like the bamboo ankle socks, warm and breathable.  Elle also have socks that seem to stay put, all on the Sock Shop website :)

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:57 PM »

Thanks ladies. I didn't realise Sock Shop was still on the go, our shop closed ages ago. Away to have a look.

Dorothy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 06:11:37 PM »

I have some thick cotton socks from M&S which stay put, but I'm not sure if they do them any more, as the ones I have are years old.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »

I am a size three and buy kids socks for the better fit. I would imagine that at size 4 CG you could get children's socks that are a much better fit.

I always buy cheap and cheerful socks as my daughter borrows them....and looses them, and the dog pinches them.

Honeybun
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 07:33:17 PM »

I buy hiking socks, partly because one foot is 7 1/2 and the other 8, so normal socks are too short. My feet are very narrow AA width, so thicker socks help fill up my boots. In the summer, I buy men's sports socks. I am ordering average size feet in another life!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 09:30:20 PM »

My feet have got bigger as I aged  :o

Walking socks.  Kids' socks from Stressco.  Ankle socks in the Summer as I can't bear bare feet in shoes/grass/boots ….. mohair?

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 10:16:31 PM »

Never thought of kid's socks. Good idea ladies, thank you.  Peppa Pig here I come.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 10:25:44 PM »

The fit is much better. The ladies ones are far to big for my wee feet. The heel comes over my ankles and is really uncomfortable.

I love my character socks. Makes my feet interesting  ::)

Honeybun
X

Joyce

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 10:30:37 PM »

I have a few daft pairs, though mainly Christmas ones. Kids at nursery used to love seeing what socks I wore at Christmas time. Then I matched badges & earrings, where possible, to socks. Total head case I was.  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 10:46:39 PM »

We could start a whole new trend  ;D

Honeybun
X

Jenna

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 09:19:00 AM »

I am also size 4-5 and I like the (very) cheap four pair pack at Asda! The ones I have at the moment are shades of purple, but I see the current ones are various pastel shades. They usually do black as well. I like them because they don't fall down and also they are not too tight as a lot of them can be.

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 10:34:39 AM »

I bought socks last time we were in Florida. Socks were sold in packs of 3 single socks so you could always wear odd socks. Son seldom wears matching socks, but think that's more to do with laziness.  ;)

Winterose

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 06:30:06 PM »

Highly recommend Falke too, buy them in sales,  :D