Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: sinus  (Read 4253 times)

gina123

sinus
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:06:07 PM »

anyone get dizzy head feeling with sinusitis.not spinny dizzy just cloth headed as if in a bubble..
thanks
gina

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: sinus
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »

Sinusitis is painful.  Caused by infection.  When I had it it felt like I was hung over for no reason.

Cloth headed for me is due to the medication I swallow at night.  Better than the alternative though.

Sunnydays

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »

I think my headaches, that I thought were down to the hrt, are sinus issues. The last few days I've felt like a zombie and had awful headache. That's now gone but i've got tender spots on my head and eyebrows. My mum used to get neuralgia? and I wonder if I have this as my head feels tender to touch. Combing my hair this morning after a shower was so sensitive.
Sorry, just off loading as I want to feel good again!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 04:57:14 PM »

As CLKD says - sinusitis is an infection and you will know if you have it because it will have followed on from a cold/virus of some sort and you will be very bunged up deep inside - almost impossilbe to clear the mucus, it just keeps on coming!

Is this what you've had Sunnydays and gina?

Sunnydays - the progestogen in HRT can make some women feel like this if progestogen intolerant. I get migraine headaches sometimes on the progesterone phase of my HRT and during the 3 days of having it - towards the end I have very localised tender patches on my head.

Hurdity x

Sunnydays

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »

Hi Hurdity,
I've only been on the hrt for 8 days, ultra low dose combination patch - I cut the patch into a quarter (the whole  patch at medium dose was just too much for me)
Can such a low dose give symptons so quickly; it took the medium patch 5/6 weeks to give the really bad headaches.
I have been vulnerable to sinus issues past 2 years and some neuralgia, plus loads of catarrh.The whole front of my face on the right is tender , and top and back of head on that side. Even my teeth on that side feel strange when I eat. I get frightened as to what it could be. I can't keep taking patches off and then leaving them off, it will completely mess me up.
And to think I was posting under "better day'' the other week that all was going well........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »

Nueralgia is sudden, acute, stabbing pains down one side of the face.  Caused by pressure on the nerve, usually by a blood vessel which can be relieved by surgical intervention …….

gina123

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 07:11:40 PM »

had ct scan a year and a half ago..got deviated septum..got horrible taste in mouth don't know if its sinus or acid reflux..i have a hiatus  hernia also..but my ear feels blocked and i feel lightheaded not spinny dizzy..oh the joys xx

cherylks

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 07:32:50 PM »

Hi Sparkle,  I had a deviated septum.  It's the boney bit running down the nose that is not straight. I had operation years ago to have it straightened as had so many problems with sinuses.  They straightened it and widened the nasal holes (don't know medical name!).  Anyway, have not had sinus problems since and this was many years ago.

Sunnydays

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 09:01:11 PM »

Thanks everyone. Interestingly I had some cartilage cut away from inside top of my nose when I was 20 as it was crooked and apparently causing/exacerbating rhinitis.
I just don't know what's causing what at the moment. I'll give it a couple of days more and if it persists remove the patch. The GP won't be open till Tuesday.