Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Red/pink bubble at extraction site  (Read 19183 times)

cherylks

Red/pink bubble at extraction site
« on: March 25, 2015, 08:56:24 PM »

Can anyone help me?  Had tooth extracted two and a half weeks ago.  Over the last week have noticed a red/pink bubble developing in the hole.  It is definitely getting bigger.  Almost reaching above the level of the gum.   It doesn't hurt to touch but if a brush even really gently it bleeds a little.  The thing is I went back to dentist twice after extraction and had it packed twice but was suggested not to go back unless really in pain!  Am not in pain but worried.  I move house on Tues so tomorrow is the only day I could potentially go back.  Just don't know what to do!!! 

honeybun

Re: Red/pink bubble at extraction site
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:01:37 PM »

Give your dentist a call in the morning and tell him what you have just described and ask what to do.

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes well.

Honeybun
X

cherylks

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 09:06:32 PM »

OK thankyou.  Just getting so stressed but don't want to waste their time if it is normal. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 09:19:53 PM »

Does it feel like a blister?  Give the Dental Surgery a call.  When you move house will U have to change Surgeries?

Limpy

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »

Give your dentist a call and ask for advice.

cherylks

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 09:32:01 PM »

We are moving well away so have to find a new dentist once moved.  It feels soft and just looks really fleshy and pink unless disturbed when it goes bright red.  I will ring dentist tomorrow but got so much going on could only really fit in appointment tom afternoon.  Also hate to think I am being a nuisance if nothing is actually wrong.  I had thought I would have to ring and ask for appointment but actually like suggestion of ringing and telling them what is happening and let them decide if appointment is needed.  Hope nothing is wrong though.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 10:21:00 PM »

Think it's part of it healing. Be gentle when brushing in that area. I had to use corsydyl mouth wash for a while after getting tooth out. I was left with a bit of bone poking through the gum, which is still there now some 3 years later.

However, best to phone & ask before you move to another dentist.

Suzi Q

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 11:21:18 AM »

Cherylk AHHHHHHHH YOUR NOT A NUISUIANCE YOUR TAXES HAVE PAID FOR ALL OF THIS
RING GP IM SURE ITS PROBABLY JUST HEALING BUT BEST TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY XXXXXXXXXXXX

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 11:30:31 AM »

Hopefully your dental notes will be passed to your new Surgery! Did you ring them yet?

cherylks

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I took suggestion of ringing dentist.  Was advised to come in and just as well I did cos there was pus in the bubble.  It has been drained but no antibiotics given.  Apparently don't need them.  Hope they are right cos there is still quite a big lump there!  :(
Back to salt water rinses for a while.  Gonna have to find another dentist quickly once we've moved and hope infection doesn't redevelop in the meantime with Easter closure  :(
CLKD - apparently they don't pass notes on.  Maybe cos its NHS?

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 06:28:26 PM »

I can never understand why our Dental notes don't travel with us.  Maybe ask for a copy, that's what I will do, after all we pay for the treatment these days so they belong to us! So how can a person 'be identified by dental records'  :-\

Glad you got sorted.