Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tooth out - just want sympathy!  (Read 4847 times)

rebelyell

Tooth out - just want sympathy!
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »

Have just had large back molar out.  Face feels really weird and is frozen up beyond hairline!   Just wanted some sympathy really - am going back for implant treatment in 10 weeks so need to man up.  OH had implant about 7 years and I am not sure I was sympathetic enough!

:-\ :-X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Tooth out - just want sympathy!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:58:18 PM »

OUCH! are you dribbling  ;)

:bighug:

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:01:37 PM »

Feet up, cosy rug over you and watch the TV or read a book. No exertion at all.

Sending you

:bighug: :foryou:

Take good care and get hubby to run after you  ;D, might as well take advantage ofvitt while you can.

Honeybun
X

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:22:27 PM »

:bighug:

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 03:34:21 PM »

Do not be in a hurry to rinse or you will dislodge the blood clot just leave for tonight and can rinse lightly with some warm salt water tomorrow, if bleeding a lot still, bite on a used teabag, works a treat, tip from my dentist, hope you feel better soon, not pleasant. x

rebelyell

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 03:47:03 PM »

Thanks ladies - love that tip about the teabag.  Forgot to ask when I should remove the gauze thing from extraction site?  Don't feel too bad and feeling is just about starting to return to my face!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 03:48:43 PM »

Don't remove the pad yet  ;)

rebelyell

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:13 AM »

Nearly 48 hours and health anxiety has kicked in big time.  Am worried about dry socket, despite very little pain [have slept well for two nights and just have slight ache].  Hole has white bits around it but can still see dark red of clot - is this healing tissue?  Will it start to heal this quickly?  Am I just mad old bag who needs something to worry about??

Dancinggirl

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 10:07:35 AM »

rebelyell - has your dentist given you advice about after care.  If you are in any way worried you should just ring them. When I was a teenager I used to work as a dental nurse with my father and I saw many extractions - my father once showed me how quickly the gum healed afterwards - he just held it between his fingers for a few minutes after a particularly nasty extraction. Apparently our gums are the fasted healing part of our bodies. I think rinsing the mouth with saline solution is the most natural way to help the healing process. If there is a red clot that sounds good to me - if we cut ourselves we get a scab that heals the wound.
My father died over 30 years ago and I've been lucky in finding good dentists in the mean time.  I moved to Suffolk 4 years ago and have been going to the local NHS dentist but I kept seeing different dentists which I don't like. I've just found the most gorgeous dentist who is fab (private I'm afraid) - I've just had a root canal done on a molar and it was tender for 7 days but he had all the latest equipment and he did a great job.  I had the crown fitted yesterday and to start with it felt really tight and strange but this morning it feels really normal.
Do tell us how you get on with the implant - I've never had one of these and would be interested to know how it goes.
Good luck  DG x

rebelyell

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 10:18:33 AM »

That is interesting.  I am sure I am worrying about nothing - it is all part of my new, neurotic, menopausal self!  If it was bad it would hurt, and it doesn't.  I read somewhere that porridge looking bits is good news as it is healing tissue - and that is what I have on top of dark red.

Today is just a bad day - I felt low when I woke and haven't risen!  Have been through bowel cancer worries [disgestive system ruined by Citalopram which I am half-way through weaning away from] already this morning!!

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »

'ruined by Citalopram' - how exactly?

I have taken ADs for years but had IBS well before then but it wasn't recognised  ::)

Do ring your Dental Practice! let us know …...

rebelyell

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »

By ruined I mean - I was fairly normal bowel wise before [went every other dayish and if anything was more prone to constipation unless I had lots of fibre].  Immediately I started the citalopram gave me violent diarrhea and loose stools.   I know it is the citalpram because I had ABs for tooth infection and went the other way.

I am now weaning off - half a tablet a day for two weeks and mentally feel OK most of the time.  No withdrawal at all except positive - I can now feel ratty and irritable rather than just flat!

I think I need to accept health anxiety is here to stay. 

Dancinggirl - I also went private for extraction as it is the dentist who is going to do my implant.  He is really lovely, but then again so is my new NHS dentist.  It is my gums that are the problem!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »

However: ABs are well known for causing 'the runs'  >:( which is why I usually swallow LIVE yoghurt once I've stopped taking the ABs.  I have never had bowel problems with ADs, however some have made me feel very very sick  :'( …… but eventually the GP found something tolerable  ;)

The depression made me flat.  Anxiety made me scared.  So much so that for years I avoided dental treatment apart from a quick check up, however: I have now been able to have 3 lots of implant treatment  :) without problems - had anyone told me that I would not be scared to go to the Dentist I would have not believed ………  :o

rebelyell

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:45 AM »

I have never had dentist issues, but must admit it is probably because I have never had problems until now.  Am feeling quite calm about implant as OH had one and he is dentist phobic.   Just hoping my gum heals enough [I had infection below tooth, hence extraction] but dentist saw no reason not to go ahead.  Am going back in ten weeks to start the process.  How long did your implant treatment take CKLD?

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 11:07:18 AM »

Years  ;D - I began with an X-ray to check bone density which is OK.  The 1st tooth was removed (long story short) by a Consultant who visited the Surgery I am registered with.  Because my Dentist was interested (and subsequently did) in learning about implant surgery, he watched the initial procedures.  Once the socket had healed various 'measurements' were taken, the bit I didn't like was biting down on the 'plasticine'-type stuff to get the imprint of the tooth.  Each session took 1-2 hours.

The titanium 'stem' was built and eventually screwed into the jaw line.  After a few weeks the 'tooth' was fitted.  Job Done!  With my permission and under supervision, my Dentist took over my treatment as well as going away on a Course/s …… I had 3 implants eventually. 

The important thing is to keep the gum line really really clean to avoid any chance of infection in the oppositing teeth  ;)
Pages: [1] 2