Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: PAINFUL BREAST  (Read 3092 times)

Cassie

PAINFUL BREAST
« on: March 20, 2015, 07:43:52 AM »

Hi Ladies, I have had a painful right breast for a long time, probably close on a yr or more...have checked myself for lumps and the gynae has checked and I have been for a mammo and an ultrasound which showed nothing...I am sure its related to the HRT but sometimes I wonder if its muscular I dont have big boobs but I hate wearing a bra and I do quite a lot of lifting and using my right arm and thought that it could be the tendons pulling a bit,  its almost a burning jab that comes and goes....I wouldnt say that the pain is keeping me awake, but it is there and seems to have gotten a bit worse since I started this months Utrogestan, there is no warmth or swelling as I thought it could be a cyst, any ideas.....thankyou  :)

rosebud57

Re: PAINFUL BREAST
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 08:08:45 AM »

It does sound mechanical to me.  However it might be a good idea to invest in some good bras.  At our time of life everything starts to head south so extra support, even for small breasts is a good idea.  Over the years I've progressed from no bra, to maternity bras, then sports bra, regular bras and now I wear underwired bras.  If I do go without a bra there is some aching.

Perhaps buy a couple of sports bras, and see how you get on.

Suzi Q

Re: PAINFUL BREAST
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:51 AM »

Hi Ladies, I have had a painful right breast for a long time, probably close on a yr or more...have checked myself for lumps and the gynae has checked and I have been for a mammo and an ultrasound which showed nothing...I am sure its related to the HRT but sometimes I wonder if its muscular I dont have big boobs but I hate wearing a bra and I do quite a lot of lifting and using my right arm and thought that it could be the tendons pulling a bit,  its almost a burning jab that comes and goes....I wouldnt say that the pain is keeping me awake, but it is there and seems to have gotten a bit worse since I started this months Utrogestan, there is no warmth or swelling as I thought it could be a cyst, any ideas.....thankyou  :)
Cassie wear a bra sorry but doesnt matter how small u r unless u r flat chested u need support
If your lifting all that is being strained so as much as u hate them go get fitted buy 2 one to wear one to wash
Give it a month if the tests found nothing then look at your lifestyle@ for me its no BRA ur not 18 anymore xxx