Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paranoia  (Read 24124 times)

annieb

Re: Paranoia
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 09:54:20 AM »

Feeling better today as had good night's sleep and this morning the sun is shining and it's surprising how much of a difference that makes. Solar eclipse spectacular!
I just wanted to say something to Scampi - I understand exactly how you feel (though last time I had about 6 inches cut off my hair no-one noticed - or rather I assumed that was the case as no-one commented until I mentioned it!! HA! could have meant they thought it looked awful)
Anyway Scampi if people in shops (Asda Starbucks etc) are noticing your hair then it must look really really stunning. Imagine how many people they see each day and particularly in Asda (though they are always very welcoming I must say) they are really concentrating on getting your purchases across the scanner and getting you through the checkout. If the person serving you noticed your hair and liked it enough to comment  then it must have really caught their eye. As CKLD says in UK we are generally very reserved about commenting on other peoples appearance - 
PS small boutiques and dining alone are also not on my list!! Crazy isn't it as I'm sure the small shops would love us all to go in and browse and once you get a couple of folk through the door more will follow and hopefully spend

annieb

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 09:57:51 AM »

Ps meant to say that the nights sleep was help by something I read on here (not sure which section it was in) about focussing on something else when your head is crammed with worries. The person who posted suggested thinking of countries of the world or girls names etc. Start with the letter A and think of 3 and then B and so on throughout the alphabet.  I tried countries of the world. Got as far a J and then got stuck  ::) but it certainly took my mind of all the rubbish that's in there at the mo  :)

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 10:38:47 AM »

I too don't like going to shops etc alone, and wouldn't ever be In a cafe alone !

Also, re compliments on hair etc...... These people don't know you, so wouldn't give a compliment unnecessarily, it's not as if you've put someone on the spot asking for their opinion.  Generally people follow the rule...if you can't say anything nice, say nothing at all.

I would take a strangers compliment as they mean it more than a colleague who might feel they ought to give nice feedback

I bet it looks gorgeous xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 05:00:21 PM »

Being the age I am if I see someone looking good I tell them ………. so if you see a woman approaching you with Very Big Grin  :o  :D ………… I would rather be shopping alone or sitting in a cafe by a window watching the World going by …….

nelliedee

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »

Went to another jumble sale today, no paranoia this time and came home with a book on Menopause  ::)

Kathleen

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 08:14:14 PM »

Hello ladies.

This thread interested me because even though I am not paranoid I have developed a different attitude to people generally and crowds in particular. For me the thought of shopping with someone else would send me into a panic but alone I am fine.

I think the lack of confidence comes from feeling edgy and vulnerable and is part of the meno journey.

I spoke to a friend the other say who I hadn't seen for about a year. Our circumstances are different in that she is younger than me, has had a full hysterectomy and is on oestrogen only tablets but so many of her symptoms are exactly the same as mine. Chatting to her made me realise the similarities we share when our hormones misbehave even if the problems they cause may vary considerably.

Wishing everyone well.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]