Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: new lipstick  (Read 5064 times)

zsazsa

new lipstick
« on: March 14, 2015, 06:46:04 AM »

Hello everyone
Just wanted to share that I have clearly woken up this month with all sorts of menopausal symptoms all at once:
Period pain and no period
Nausea first thing every morning
Crippling headaches
Bloating and burping
Feeling knackered
Lots of tears
Miserable thoughts
A mega craving for cooking chocolate (not even nice choc!)

So I have done the following:
Joined this forum
Talked it through with my husband
Booked a session with a nutritionist

And bought a bright new lipstick!

Looking forward to support and comfort from feeling I am not the only 51 year old whose life has gone a bit crazier!

X
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:47:48 AM by zsazsa »

rosebud57

Re: new lipstick
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »

Well done you.  I think half the battle is to think positive and to be proactive.

What colour is your lipstick?

zsazsa

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 09:03:50 AM »

I agree!! Fingers crossed I can battle thru back to my optimistic self. It's a gorgeous (moist, because I feel dried up) Bare Pink by Bobbi Brown. Am off on a country walk today to get some exercise and fresh perspective! Have hiking boots and my magic lippy.

honorsmum

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 09:56:35 AM »

Zsazsa, your post made me laugh...which is quite an achievement this morning!

I'm actually quite envious that you made it to 51 before the hormonal storm hit, but sorry you're going through it now. At least lipstick doesn't run when you cry...

Stick around - you're in good company. :)

wanttobehappyagain

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:51:44 AM »

Hi

Just saying hello from another 51 year old who has been feeling like she is going crazy with all the various symptoms :)

You do sound very positive, and I hope it goes well with the nutritionist :)

annarbs

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 06:02:26 PM »

Hi zsazsa. I'm new here too, but still want to say Welcome! also the lipstick idea is the best. I'm also looking for a nutritionist now, thanks for sharing  :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »

:welcomemm:

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »

You'll fit in with our new thread …………..  ;)

notgivingin

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 04:57:55 PM »

Hello - nice post!
I have been looking for a nutritionist also . I found a lot of information about Adrenal fatigue in menopausal women so I am going to try and eat more protein - it all made a lot of sense but then I sent a link to the guys website to the herbalist I see and she said she'd found the chap was
Fined for malpractice !  ( American ) but nonetheless I still found s lot of sense in his YouTube talks
Would be interested if anyone else knows of him or if anyone listens to his talk to hear what you make of him  www.drberg.com

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »

The other site to look at is Ben's and again I forget his name and web-site - have to go look it's on the tip of my tongue  ::)

Here we are:  Ben Goldacre and his Bad Science : you may find he has checked research done by others on adrenal fatigue

Welcome to the Forum Notgivingin!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:48:01 PM by CLKD »

LandyLady

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 02:10:45 PM »

Hi
I joined this site last year  but haven't been on of late due to feeling so flippin' awful with the menopause!
Anyway, last November me and a friend started Slimming World, so far I've lost 3st 4 1/2lb - thrilled or what!  I had piled the pounds on due to feeling so rough that I hadn't noticed what a lard-a**e I had become!  :'(  also very unfit and didn't want to even go for a walk or swim - too fat to be seen in public in my head!), etc etc.  Now I'm loving my walking again, feeling so much fitter and don't get out of breath at all.  I would if I ran, but who wants to run?!?!  ???   Swimming is fun too.  More to lose but I will get there.  Yes I'm still a blubber-guts but not to the point where I think everyone is staring at me in horror!  If they are then I have more confidence to not see it  ;D
I still have the most horrible symptoms but I really do try to ignore them the best I can and enjoy life.  There are some areas which really do need addressing, but they can wait for another time on here.
The reason I put this under "lipstick" is because the other day I went into town and a lovely lady on the Boots No.7 counter was free so I asked her to recommend foundation.  she then tried a bright pink lippy on me - not a shade I had ever worn! but its lovely; suits me and definitely gives me a lift when I wear it!  A cheap and cheerful confidence booster!
I'll stop waffling now (is waffling another symptom of it cos I seem to waffle for England these days).
thanks for being here on this site - it is a great help! 
 :)

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »

You waffle away, the rest of us do  ;)

LandyLady

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 02:17:28 PM »

Thanks CKLD!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:25 PM »

Browse round, we don't bite  ;) - we have a funny room at the bottom too ……..