Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: New and need advice on femseven  (Read 3179 times)

Jasmine_2015

New and need advice on femseven
« on: February 23, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »

Hello all, firstly just wanted to "say" hello as I am new to the boards. I stumbled across it when googling about femseven and adhesive problems!

I started it only a week ago and just cannot get them to stick properly. I have followed advice about drying and heating the skin first etc.. But still not having much luck. I swim a lot too so worried that is going to be even more problematic.

I have seen a couple of people mention tegaderm dressings and went to the pharmacy to buy a couple to try. I saw there was some mixed views on whether one should apply something over the top because of absorption problems so just really wanted to ask for further advice and whether there was a consensus view on this here?!

Also, since starting this I feel really constipated. Has anyone else found this and does it pass?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New and need advice on femseven
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 01:18:09 PM »

:welcomemm:  ……….. I don't take HRT but am sure someone will be along soon!  As for swimming …….

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »

Ah thanks for the welcome! I'm sure it'll take me a while to get the hang of the board, can I get email notifications when someone replies to me?

Ah edited to say just worked it out!!

jemahan

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »

hi i had same trouble with trying get them to sick and at last found somewhere the top of my arms :) :) :) :)

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 07:56:39 AM »

hi i had same trouble with trying get them to sick and at last found somewhere the top of my arms :) :) :) :)

Sorry jemahan but the patches should be applied below the waist - it should say in the patient info leaflet.  :welcomemm:

Jasmine -  They are well known for not sticking properly. I never put my on straight after a bath or shower as I found this stopped it sticking so well and found that I had to hold them firmly in place, pressing down really hard with my palm, for two minutes whereas I think the instructions say thirty seconds?

I put mine towards the top of the buttock. I was advised by the menopause clinic in Oxford that it's not a good idea to stick them down with tape as the hormones wont be released unless the patch is stuck down by the adhesive. This problem has been brought up with the manufacturers time and time again but they just refute totally that there is a problem with sticking! Very frustrating.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 02:37:10 PM »

Hi Taz,

Many thanks for yor message. I am hoping that i am getting the hang of keeping them on better now as i've managed to keep my current one on since Saturday- result!!!

I contacted the manufacturers too and as you say they just will not acknowledge that this is a common occurence for people!! It infuriating. They sent me a jiffy bag to send them off one of the patches to "investigate further" but I decided not to send it because I needed the patch having already had several come off!

Apologies if I am being a bit ignorant but when you say in your message

"it's not a good idea to stick them down with tape as the hormones wont be released unless the patch is stuck down by the adhesive."

Does this mean that if the adhesive is stuck entirely over the patch its ok?! Sorry im a bit confuzzled :-/

Jas x

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 04:41:28 PM »

It does sound confusing. I meant that the adhesive in the patch itself contains the hormones so if the patch's adhesive is not sticking the patch to your skin then the hormones wont be properly released. If you put tape on top of the patch then it will be held in place but the patch wont be working as well.

Is that a bit clearer?

Taz x  :)

Jasmine_2015

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 05:22:14 PM »

Ha yes I see what you are saying now!! Thanks for clarifying ;-)

Carolyn

Re: Good Morning
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2015, 06:51:03 AM »

Good Luck Honoursmum  hope it goes ok for you today sending you one of my special Hugs xx

Come back tonight and let us know how it all went.

I should imagine you will feel anxious this morning, its enough to get the kids to School - but once they are there focus on yourself.

Take Care x

:bighug:

honorsmum

Re: Good Morning
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2015, 08:04:55 AM »

Good Luck Honoursmum  hope it goes ok for you today sending you one of my special Hugs xx

Come back tonight and let us know how it all went.

I should imagine you will feel anxious this morning, its enough to get the kids to School - but once they are there focus on yourself.

Take Care x

:bighug:

Thank you, Hugs - much appreciated.

Been awake since before 6am, brain racing, stomach churning.
Mornings are always stressful here - 11 year old daughter has ADHD and is an utter whirlwind first thing. Once we're en route, I'll feel a bit better.x

Hurdity

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »

Hi Jasmine_2015 :welcomemm: from me too!

Hurdity x

Sunnydays

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 05:02:51 PM »

HI Jasmine, Shouldn't go below the waste. I contacted the manufacturer when I was using this patch and they were as unhelpful as you can get! Constantly hiding behind the 'relationship for the medication is between you and your GP!'

Grumpymum

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 12:02:50 PM »

Hi, I too had trouble getting Femseven to stick in the first few weeks and a month on I haven't had a bleed so can only assume I wasn't getting enough estrogen. I found the best way to get it to stick was to apply it straight away when I got up so my skin was warm, I put the pouch on the radiator just for a few seconds, and then held the patch in place (bottom or top of thigh) for a good two minutes with a warm hand (as others had suggested on here). They then stayed put all week without additional tape. Unfortunately for me, I seem to be allergic to Femseven and have come out in big rashes where the patches were which are still itchy. Now trying Everol in the hope these are better. These stick far better. Good luck.