Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45

Author Topic: Haemoragghic disease warnings  (Read 122480 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Dog Breeds at the Polls
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »

She does both! 😡 but a good telling off, and a good grip on the collar, and she's ok.
But, we can ‘feel', a grumpy old growl now and then through the collar. 😂
Afterwards, she goes mad, runs wild through the patio door, round the table, back out round the garden, and then again.😂🤣  but we stop her, she doesn't watch where she's running to, and smacks her face off things, like the big pots, or the small wall in the garden! 😡
How she hasn't damaged her face, I'll never know....🙀

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2019, 11:48:17 AM »

She's got a lot of heavy bone structure ;-).  If it hurt she wouldn't do it ....... although there's a saying, 'no sense no feeling' but think what she was bred for ;-))

B4 and after 'photos?  ;D

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »

Just seen ‘ mira' getting a blast.
That's exactly what I done yesterday in the garden.
Only my dog wasn't standing on a table...😆
Think my dogs a bit bigger than that one.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Dog Breeds - golf balls!
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2019, 08:13:44 PM »

Akita? 

This from Scotland today:

A vet in Fife was left stunned after finding 10 golf balls inside a sick dog's stomach.

Poppy the Labrador was brought to Wilson and Partners vet surgery in Cupar appearing unwell and vomiting.

The mystery was cleared up when an X-ray revealed 10 spherical shapes in her stomach.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:56:02 PM by CLKD »

jaypo

Re: Dog Breeds etc.
« Reply #244 on: June 21, 2019, 01:12:43 PM »

Dogs mercilessly beaten and burned alive at sick annual Yulin dog festival in China
Just saw this on my news feed 😢😢😢😔

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #245 on: June 21, 2019, 03:28:10 PM »

Yes CLKD, I have an Akita...🙂

Ohhhh, Jay, I can't print what I've just said! That's just devastating!  :cuss: :bang:

jaypo

« Reply #246 on: June 21, 2019, 03:32:08 PM »

There was a video but I didn't watch it,I'd never get to sleep 😔☹️

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #247 on: June 21, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »

A video? Omg, no!!!
Why THEY do these things I'll never understand! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

jaypo

« Reply #248 on: June 21, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »

They eat them but I'm not sure why they torture them first 😢😢😢

daska86

« Reply #249 on: June 21, 2019, 07:32:44 PM »

We have a smooth fox terrier, they are a vulnerable breed,we always get two reactions when we meet people. Either, "you don't see many of those" or "is that a Parsons Jack Russell". I had a t-shirt printed in the end with "walking a smooth fox terrier " 😀

Foxylady

« Reply #250 on: June 21, 2019, 07:34:53 PM »

never heard of a smooth fox terrier (will need to google a pic! We rescued a weimeraner (was a disaster  :'().

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #251 on: June 21, 2019, 07:37:18 PM »

Don't know a smooth fox terrier either.. I'll google too.😆

What happened to your Weimaraner Foxy?

Foxylady

« Reply #252 on: June 21, 2019, 07:45:11 PM »

:'( only had him a week from rescue centre and had to call vet out who put him to sleep in our kitchen (he had bitten me on the leg then launched himself at OH, who ended up on the worktop), vet said guaranteed he had bitten before. Story we were told was given up to rescue centre as owner got knew job and couldn't walk him as much. Just thankfully he waited for us to get him home before going crazy, we had just been to the beach and throwing frisby etc for him with young child playing beside us. It was very traumatic, I had longed for a dog since childhood and was so sad, couldn't face it again.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #253 on: June 21, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »

OMG, I'm so sorry Foxy. That's just terrible.
I've always wondered if these dogs homes tell the truth, he must have been abused or something.
Jesus, it could've been a lot worse having a child too. Doesn't bear thinking about!
How long ago was that?
This is the thing, I've always said I'd like to rescue one from the dogs home, but my OH is cautious, just because the home tell you one thing, doesn't mean it's the truth.
We knew a breeder who bred Rottweilers,and had one from a man who said he couldn't look after him anymore, they suspected abuse, wasn't until they picked the broom up to sweep that they found out, he went berserk, attacking them....he'd been beaten with the broom!
And obviously it was the trigger... they did keep him, just didn't sweep when he was around!
What did the dogs home say? Anything?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »

That is awful. And really unlikely breed to bite. But then any dog that is in pain or has been abused can turn.
Jeff bit 3 people. 2 were my dog walkers (both ladies), but I figured out it was the pain meds he was on that turned him a bit crazy. We got new drugs after 8 days. Both ladies forgave him,  thank god.
The other one was a man. Jeff had got caught up in his lead in the back of my car, and I couldn't free him, it was really tight around his neck. I panicked and started yelling if anyone had a knife. I guy ran across the road from the little cafe with a sharp knife, handed it to the binman who was trying to work the lead off the car seat headrest. He cut the lead. Jeff, panicked by my screaming and the strange man in the back of the car with him, bit him on the ankle. I got in the car and drove away as fast as possible  :-\
I never ever worried that he would bite me though.
The first weekend at home when he met my parents for the first time, he did try and push my Dad around quite a bit. But I got him by the scruff of the neck, and marched him outside, and put him in a time out for 20 mins. (Jeff, not my Dad!!) Never did it again.  And was always very very gentle around my Mum. The only time he would walk by someone's side, was when my Mum had hold of the lead.  :o
Foxy - you did the right thing though. You couldn't have given him back to rehomed again. And you couldn't trust him again. It was the only option. Such a shame those involved in the rehoming process weren't honest, because it is possible to find good, loving homes for problem dogs. It's just harder.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:23:14 PM by pants46 »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 45