Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Alternatives to HRT – what have you tried? Did it work? Questions?  (Read 45627 times)

Jari

Aim to be within your individual recommended bmi limit.
Good quality supplements.
Hormone balancing diet.
Healthy lifestyle choices.
Good aerobic regular exercise.

Hurdity

Hi Jari  - great advice - we should all do this whether or not we take HRT - which is not a cure all if our diet lifestyle is not optimal too.

Hurdity x

Jari

Absolutely Hurdity. We should all start by achieving all of these first. That's what I'm doing and I don't need hrt which is great. So, it's worked for me. :) x

weathergirl

Re: Alternatives to HRT – what have you tried? Did it work? Questions?
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »

Jari, can I ask what kind of supplements/natural methods you're employing?  You sound like you're doing well and on a path that's working for you!  :)

Jari

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2019, 10:11:29 AM »

Hi weathergirl,

I take a probiotic supplement first thing in the morning.
Then breakfast: usually no sugar muesli with 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds and some stewed cold prunes and juice with almond milk.
Then vitamins: multi 40+ (viridian), omega 3 (bio care), calcium + vit d3 ( viridian)

Trying to do minimum 4 days a week of one hour brisk walking. Good for bone health but also a good all round excercise.

After dinner: vit c 400mg and another calcium..

Trying to get my bmi down, currently at the higher end of bracket... what is your bmi weathergirl? X

weathergirl

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2019, 06:24:25 PM »

Jari, that sounds like a very healthy routine!  I take a few supplements including Ashwaghanda for stress and extra Vit D, C, zinc and Magnesium.  I try to exercise as much as is feasible with my work schedule.  I like weight training as well as cardio. I spend a lot of time taking long slow walks at a nearby pond.  Sometimes I'm out for 2 or more hours.  These are just for relaxation but not about getting my heart rate up.   I have found since menopause that I need far fewer calories!  My BMI is almost 22 (just under).  But in the past 8-10 years I've slowly gained 10 lbs that I may have needed.  I am trying to stay where I'm at though.  It's hard as there's not a lot of wiggle room with calories  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]