Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Alternatives to HRT – what have you tried? Did it work? Questions?  (Read 46145 times)

BrightLight

Re: Alternatives to HRT – what have you tried? Did it work? Questions?
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 10:29:06 PM »

Has anyone tried Reflexology?  I've found that massaging my feet in the bath with an aromatherapy bath gel is really soothing and calming.  Can anyone tell me a bit about Reflexology being used to treat menopausal symptoms?  Thanks!

I have not had reflexology for menopausal symptoms, I can tell you that it works like other wholistic treatments in that the aim is to balance the whole body and not just focus on the symptoms as such.  The practitioner will work on your feet which the system believes correspond to different areas of your body. 

There is a page here from this website that has the contact details for the national association if you want to find a registered therapist - I loved reflexology when I had it, very relaxing.

http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/othertechs.php

In the Menopause Matters page for LINKS - it has one that goes to the womens-health-concern website which has a great factsheet on complementary medicine, it outlines reflexology there as well :)

honorsmum

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 10:50:29 PM »

Has anyone tried Reflexology?  I've found that massaging my feet in the bath with an aromatherapy bath gel is really soothing and calming.  Can anyone tell me a bit about Reflexology being used to treat menopausal symptoms?  Thanks!

I've recently had 2 sessions of reflexology for peri symptoms.
It was really interesting - the practitioner picked up straight away on allergies (I have very deep allergy lines,apparently), my large intestine issues, lower back problem and my heart.
In fact,I have eczema, Crohn's, and have been having palpitations for some months - so she was spot on.
She worked a lot on my heart meridians and trying to reduce energy in my large intestine while increasing it in my small intestine. She also mentioned my thyroid - which was interesting, because I was convinced I had thyroid issues before I considered peri as the cause of my symptoms.

I felt very sleepy and quite tearful after the first session, but much more energised the next day.
Definitrly worth looking into,Dulciana.

Dulciana

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 08:28:37 AM »

BrightLight and Honorsmum - thanks ever so much for this.  I'll look into it.
 :thankyou:

honeybun

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 09:17:30 AM »

Wouldn't it be great if this could be moved into an Alternatives Headed Topic. Then when anyone was looking for information and personal experiences then it's all there and wouldn't get lost in amongst every thing else.

Although the other topic was locked perhaps Emma still has this request under consideration. I really hope so.

Honeyb
x

rosebud57

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 10:25:59 AM »

I agree honeybun.

Ju Ju

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:17 AM »

I loved reflexology and was amazed how much my practitioner could tell me about how I was physically. I never told her what was going on health wise before a session. When I first went my feet would go into spasm went she got to the part of the foot related to the gut. I always felt great afterwards, but not sure how helpful it is long term. Best as part of a self care programme. I miss it, but haven't yet found as good a practitioner. I shall start looking again.

Emotional issues, often related to childhood experience and current stress have a huge impact on our health. It is a good idea to look at how we look after ourselves and how we think about ourselves....self esteem. This was brought home to me when I did a course with a life coach ( on the phone ). I have taken on board that I'm OK. I don't take on too much. I pace myself. I say no. I'd love to rush around, have boundless energy, but I haven't. Life can be good, whatever health issues you have. It's finding the joy in the small things. Happiness comes from within; it's not something you have to search for.

Salad

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 12:16:59 PM »

Hi honeybun

Hope you don't mind me asking (I'm not very computer literate  ;D) but if you put 'Alternatives to HRT' in to search bar would that bring up all the related threads so you could read them or just the ones that are current?

Thanks for helping  :)

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 01:27:02 PM »

If you do what you suggest then yes you would get posts on alternatives. But then you have to trawl through them. If it was a seperate header then all the information is there to hand. Also topics come and go so they inevitably get lost and takes such a long while to find.

Seems to make sense to keep them altogether in the one place  :)

Honeyb
X

Cazikins

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »

Blimey I really need something to help my hot flushes.
Been off HRT for 3-4 months now & it isn't getting any easier.  :( :(

BrightLight

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »

Hi Cazikins
Have you tried anything so far? Are they happening after certain triggers or just random?

karenja

« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2015, 06:50:44 PM »

Hi Cazikins I know how you feel, the hot flushes/night sweats have well and truly returned with me too let me know if you find a solution, sage used to help with me but doesn't any longer x

BrightLight

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2015, 12:19:22 AM »

I am reading about Red Clover for hot flushes and night sweats, evidence suggests it can have an influence and reduce intensity.

karenja

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2015, 07:04:29 AM »

thanks Brighlight that's interesting to know I will have a look for that today and Im also emailing Dr Currie for advice x

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2015, 07:32:20 AM »

This is the information re Red Clover from the Alternative section from the drop down menu http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/newsitem.php?recordID=85 which you might find useful

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2015, 07:59:13 PM »

so ive bought red clover read mixed reviews and as usual scared to take it due to possible side effects, sounds really stupid I know, last month I bough sage tablets they didn't work and agnus cactus, I think that's what you call it, made me feel sick, Im wasting money and getting nowhere :( xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7