Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Knowing whether to up the dose of evorel  (Read 1449 times)

Dandelion

Knowing whether to up the dose of evorel
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:45:18 AM »

Hi

Me and my doctor have been trialling me on 75mcg evorel, after the lower doses didn't touch me.
I wanted to give my new dose 75mcg a good three months try, but I am now coming to the end of that trial.
The 75mcg evorel took a good few weeks to make a difference, and my IBS has been helped 50%, plus this dose has taken away about 60% of my flushes and night sweats.
I do still wake up very warm, and sometimes my hair is wet and my pyjamas, either during the night or on a morning.
While I can excercise a lot better, I do still get some flushes which mean I have to change clothes even without excercise, i.e. sweat profusely if I come indoors or flat too warm.
Basically, this dose is the only one that has seen any changes, but I suspect that it is still not quite sufficient.
I don't know if I get periods, as I have been on hrt since October (although oral hrt didnt do nothing for 12 months, it regulated my periods) so, as I am not yet 49 and only been in meno for 6yrs, I don't think I am post.

Would this be an appopriate case to ask my GP for a higher dose?
The GP i see for my HRT is lovely and understanding, so no difficulties like other GP's.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 09:47:00 AM by Dandelion »

Millykin

Re: Knowing whether to up the dose of evorel
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »

That's good that you find this is working for you, you could try another 3 months on that dose and allow your body to settle with it more a steady dose and keep improving IBS and if you still feel you need more then go to higher dose. That way you will know for sure.
Or just go straight to next dose you might find its better or might just be too much.

Hurdity

Re: Knowing whether to up the dose of evorel
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »

Hi Dandelion - I agree with Millykin - perhaps keep on with this dose of a bit longer? I'm really sorry but I can't remember what progestogen you are on now - I know you tried Utrogestan but did you change to something else or still on this? Also did you have thyroid function tests too and if so what were the results?

Hurdity x