Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fuming!!!!  (Read 4103 times)

honorsmum

Re: Fuming!!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2015, 09:44:05 PM »

My consultant generally disregards blood tests results and diagnoses primarily on a patient's symptoms, and previous history such as PMS or PND.

If you are suddenly riddled with anxiety and very low moods and random insomnia then something is very WRONG even if your blood tests come back as 'normal'.

Two female GPs disregarded my symptoms, never once mentioned peri menopause and just stuck me with ADs. Even when I explained about my history of PMS and PND and that every month I was still getting quite a lot of 'good' days and that I felt very good around ovulation.

Too many women suffer quietly just assuming that because they still have periods they can't be suffering from menopausal problems.

My poor Mum suffered terribly with sudden chronic anxiety and mood swings for over 4 years between the age of 39 and 43. She calls those 4 years 'my Hell years'. It was only when she had to have a full hysterectomy due to fibroids at 43, and was put on HRT that within weeks she was 'magically' cured of her anxiety and mood swings.

Yes, yes, YES! This!!
My GP and gastroenterologist have both tried to tell me it's anxiety, despite my protestations that I was on top of the world when it started, never happier, and that it coincided with my cycles going haywire. My gastro even argued that for some people, anxiety comes out of the blue.
It's ridiculous - I'm getting palpitations, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, irregular cycles (although still periods every month), spots, aches and pains, blood sugar crashes etc...but only at certain times of the month. I can have runs of days where I feel completely normal - all symptoms gone.
I actually told my GP I feel like I'm undergoing a chemical change, but she still won't consider peri!

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Fuming!!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 03:16:01 PM »

Oh Honor. You know I almost hate your GP!

This is exactly what I was told by 2 different female GPs. Even when I explained that my anxiety arrived one evening (I knew the specific date) when I was enjoying a quiet dinner with my DH and best friends. There was NOTHING going on in my life to cause anxiety. My marriage is very happy. My 2 children are healthy and happy and doing well at school. I enjoy my job and have a good circle of friends. I get on well with my family.

When I did some research on here and other sites and equated my bizarre anxiety/panic with my suddenly shortened cycle (suddenly went from 28 days to 24), palpitations, sudden aches and pains and random insomnia and REALISED I was peri menopausal they STILL ignored me.

They wouldn't listen. I explained that I was always getting a 'good' 12-14  days every month. But they just gave me ADs and a referral for CBT. I spent 8 months taking ADs which I knew weren't really working for me as I was still getting the same 'bad' days. When I stopped taking them nothing changed, my head just felt less fuzzy.
Pages: 1 [2]