Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: evorel sequi and bleeding  (Read 3997 times)

Lewis

evorel sequi and bleeding
« on: February 11, 2015, 02:29:55 PM »

Hi
I've been using evorel sequi patches for about 6 months, following 6 months on evorel conti when I was bleeding pretty much all the time.  Had investigations - all clear, just not suited to that patch.  Things have been great with the sequi up until this week; finished the first lot (the sequi ones) and started on the conti and had a bleed, totally unexpected.  I usually have a bleed when I finish the conti ones. Has anyone else had this happen? I'd be grateful for any comments.  Thank you!

Hurdity

Re: evorel sequi and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:04:50 PM »

Hi Lewis

It depends really whether you are still having a cycle or not ie whether you are still peri-menopausal. Sometimes your own cycle can override the HRT cycle and lead to bleeding at the "wrong" time.

Hurdity x

Lewis

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 07:01:09 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thank you for the reply.  I'm pretty sure I've gone through the the menopause, although I'm just 50.  I had blood tests at 45 and my gp said I was menopausal then and I've been on HRT since that time.  But I do wonder if my ovaries are still trying for one last push sometimes! I'll give it a couple more weeks then see gp if still happening.  I started on tablets (can't recall name but I had a bleed at the end of the pack).  They resolved my symptoms of hot flushes and night sweats (and dry skin, dry hair...) but my libido vanished overnight.  After about 3 years tried livial, but didn't control symptoms so tried conti patches, with resultant bleeding, and now on sequi.  So you might be right, I might still have a cycle of my own, albeit weak!
Lewis x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »

Hi Lewis

How long had you been without a period when you had the blood test and started HRT? If it was less than 12 months then the doctor couldn't say whether you were post-menopausal because blood tests are a very unreliable indicator. That being the case you could still be having a cycle and you won't actually know when you become post-menopausal!

Usually at age 54 it is assumed that you are - because I think 80% of women ( might be wrong statistic there!) have reached menopause at this age.

Hurdity x