Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Started to bleed again is it normal?  (Read 6425 times)

Hurdity

Re: Started to bleed again is it normal?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »

Hi ivyjane

Glad at least you have been changed to a better HRT ( Dancinggirl - it is not a sequential preparation - as peegeetip says - Elleste Duet conti is continuous combined HRT).

However, this preparation will be fine ( if you are more or less post-menopause) if you hadn't already been on oestrogen only HRT, but if you haven't already done so you should make an appointment to see the doctor as soon as possible and ask for a scan. You have had 9 months of oestrogen only HRT and you have started to bleed. You don't know if this bleeding is just a normal period or oestrogen breakthrough bleeding due to overthickened lining.

You must get this checked out with a scan. If your lining is substantially thickened then this preparation is insufficient to thin it in the short term and you may well still need extra progestogen  because the dose if progestogen in the conti preparation is designed just for that dose of oestrogen, and won't deal with (ie thin) a possible thickened lining in the short term. It is likely you will get continued bleeding for some time, without additional progestogen.

Your doctor must refer you for a scan, and please ask about extra progestogen.

Again nothing to worry about but any GP who knows their stuff would do this for you as a precaution.

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

Re: Started to bleed again is it normal?
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2015, 12:43:46 PM »

I've removed my post peegee and Hurdity as I now realise I hadn't registered that ivyjane had been given the conti version.  Thanks for setting things straight.  Dg x
Pages: 1 [2]