Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: so anxious  (Read 9477 times)

Rowan

Re: so anxious
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 06:26:32 PM »

She is/was honorsmum, she also suffered from panic attacks herself and over came them.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »

I read her books in the 1990s - she supposedly suffered acute anxiety but nothing she wrote about seemed like anxiety that I was suffering from  :-\      ………..  so don't expect too much!

honorsmum

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 06:55:57 PM »

She is/was honorsmum, she also suffered from panic attacks herself and over came them.

I know she's no longer alive, but I always think of her talking to me when I read her book.
I often "float" through things I find tricky.

honorsmum

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 06:58:21 PM »

I read her books in the 1990s - she supposedly suffered acute anxiety but nothing she wrote about seemed like anxiety that I was suffering from  :-\      ………..  so don't expect too much!

How was your anxiety different, CLKD?
I think her main point was that any sort of anxiety can be overcome by facing, accepting, floating, letting time pass, once you understand what anxiety is and recognise  symptoms.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »

Because what she told the reader and how she recovered, didn't equate with any of my treatments nor how I was feeling  :-\ …….. nothing she suggested helped me, I still suffer badly at times.  It was almost as though she had taken a step away from all that she had been through and written the book remotely  :-\

Rowan

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 07:49:48 PM »

I think she was helping people who had anxiety caused by panic attacks and especially health anxiety.

Depression is different.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 07:55:51 PM »

I am talking about anxiety  :-\ - when I was unable to leave the house …….

toffeecushion

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 07:57:55 PM »

I love Claire Weekes - she is like a lovely matronly aunt, holding your hand and guiding you through. She makes everything so clear and straightforward.

I agree, I can hear her voice as I read her books.

Paul David - At Last a Life is good too.

honorsmum

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 08:01:26 PM »

Because what she told the reader and how she recovered, didn't equate with any of my treatments nor how I was feeling  :-\ …….. nothing she suggested helped me, I still suffer badly at times.  It was almost as though she had taken a step away from all that she had been through and written the book remotely  :-\

Might be worth going back now and reading them again - try "Self Help For Your Nerves". I had the exact opposite experience to you - I felt like she knew exactly what I was going through.

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 08:10:07 PM »

I found her advice helpful. Acceptance of what is happening and not fighting. It made me relax.

We all have different versions of the same thing so take help in different ways.

I have the fear of the stomach/bowel thing. Even when I'm feeling ok just getting in a car for a journey puts the fear of....well we all know what.

My hubby has been attending hospital for the past three months...very stressful. His appointments were always about 9 am. I was so unhappy as its my worst time. I used to just make the journey of about 40 mins....get to the loo....use the disabled one...I know not right but more private....a total nightmare.

You so have my sympathy...it's the worst thing.

No easy answer for me unfortunately as I really struggle.

Honeyb
X

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 10:06:11 PM »

I  feel a tad better just knowing its not just me with the bowel thing.... I am positive that claire is going to help me  :)..... hubby and I are taking a weekend break at the end of the month and  so  want to enjoy it unlike the last time we went away when I just wanted to stay in the confines of the hotel  :( xx

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 10:33:07 PM »

Have you tried Buscopan Mrs Bennet? I find that two of those when I feel the horrible pressure and cramps starting help a lot. It was the only way I managed to get to work this morning on time.

Taz x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 01:00:35 PM »

Hello Mrs Bennett

Yes I suffer with random anxiety too thanks to fluctuating hormones and it has definitely made my bowels looser. My anxiety manifests by causing tingling/****ling sensations down the middle of each buttock and down toward the backs of my knees. It's not exactly unpleasant but I would rather I didn't have it. When it's particularly severe I can guarantee that within a few minutes I will need the loo.

These ****ling sensations start the minute I wake up and I think it's become almost a bad habit for me now. Because I am expecting them to start when I wake up they DO start if that makes sense? Then they can happen randomly through out the day.

Have you considered wearing something like a Tena pad, just as an insurance against soiling yourself.

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »

I will add Buscopan to my armoury Taz...... already use a mini pad GypsRoseLee  just incase  ;D  I am finding the Claire Weekes book is easy to read and think when I have read it several times .... it will hopefully sink in  :) xx

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 07:15:02 PM »

Fight or flight response - when the bowels and gut begin to rumble  :-\ not pleasant! happens to me when we are travelling and if we head for a Motorway  :o  :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3