Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: overly sensitive?  (Read 5445 times)

Millykin

Re: overly sensitive?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »

Jedigirl
Don't let this get to you, we can all tell a story of someone who....
I will lol my twin aunts are both 60, one is clean living proper lady wouldn't even stand next to you if you had took a painkiller! the other a party girl smoking drinking meds anything to enjoy life. They both had breast cancer and saw same consultants. Of course the proper one they couldn't put the blame on anything and with the party girls lifestyle got the blame of it and she was on HRT. They gave her a hard time. Same type of cancer so when the consultant found out they were twins it was a bit confusing after being so adamant it was lifestyle choice that didn't help
X

jedigirl

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 08:49:06 AM »

Thanks Taz, I know her Mum was 55 when she died but don't know about the alcohol. I know she wasn't menopausal but was taking HRT for fibroids which i never heard of before. Maybe thats changed somewhere over time.
Having said that my friend had breast cancer at 45 and never taken HRT. She is doing well 4 years down the line.
I guess I'm upset she was so insensitive as i would never say that to someone. Shes not known for her tact though!!
I'm trying to forget it but my anxiety is troublesome this week anyway. Hey ho! Will keep busy today. Hope your day is good too.
Interesting Millykin, thanks  xxx

Millykin

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 08:59:21 AM »

Hope you feel better soon. Just a blip xx

jedigirl

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »

Generally I have been feeling much better Millykin, new regime of Utrogestan/Oestrogel suits me, I dont have that horrible nauseous dip or dizzy feeling. Anxiety is going to take more work i guess. How are you?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 01:17:54 PM »

I think that once the nauseous dip and dizziness goes you will have less anxiety because 1 can trigger the other  ;)

I am sensitive 2-day - sorting through jewellery, I have far TOO MUCH  ::)

jedigirl

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 01:52:11 PM »

CLKD, I'm not having that dip since starting this HRT but the anxiety is falling at the same time I did feel like that previously. I can tell myself its hormonal but my anxiety remains.
Re jewellery;That's a nice problem to have!I've never really been a collector of jewellery myself, just my engagement, wedding and eternity ring to my name really. What will you do with your unwanted jewellery?!

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »

Sell it ……. we have a thread about antiques on here somewhere  ::)  ;)

How does your anxiety affect you?

peegeetip

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2015, 03:19:10 PM »

Hi JediGirl

this is the problems we all have with even mentioning peri (Whats That?) or Meno (Oooh dont mention that). I've chosen like CKLD not too due to this sort of insensitive nonsense comments.

It would be interesting if you found out if her mum smoked or drank alcohol as both are many times more dangerous to our Breast health. Most people don't think twice about doing these things but then raise an alarm at the mention of HRT!
Its just Nuts frankly.

Lets look at some of the details.

That long ago there was not the same ability to test for ER, PR, and Her2 types of Breast Cancer as they do now.

The Her2 was only being talked about at an academic level at the time your friend mentioned.

It is more likely that a doctor had alluded to the HRT somehow being the cause of her BC and that stuck.
Without knowing her mums lifestyle then its totally useless information.

I'm sorry that was the case for your friend but it sounds very much like looking for something to blame rather than a definite test was carried out and result received. This we can all understand but its not your fault.

To compare the risks as they understand them (lifestyle is not factored in also btw).

Out of every 1000 ladies smoking 500 will die from doing this. This is fact.
Out of every 1000 ladies using HRT 1 may get BC due to HRT (but this could be also be due to interactions with lifestyle also)
Unless they did a huge study of teetotal, non smoking, hrt using ladies then there is never a clear picture.

So tonight relax, enjoy a drink of choice and settle down to have a lovely evening and weekend.
Keep enjoying your renewed quality of life :)

:-*
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 03:34:10 PM by peegeetip »

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »

Take half a day at a time.  For me quality of Life is important, after all I might get run over by that bus 2-morrow  ;) so the effect of HRT etc. will never be known.  We have to make informed choices and remember that other ladies are vulnerable ……….

peegeetip

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2015, 04:31:19 PM »

now we'll all being worrying about that bloomin bus CKLD  ;D

:-*

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »

:rofl: ……….

Millykin

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:42 PM »

;D

Jedigirl I'm doing ok thanks for asking. I took a bleed this week and feel now I'm at end of it a little background anxiety first in a wee while I know it will pass though.
Fingers crossed x
Pages: 1 [2]