Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 1941 times)

lizzog

Palpitations
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:12:12 PM »

Been having palpitations on and off all week, mainly at night, but today have been on and off all day. Went to the docs today for routine appointment and she checked my heart and said all seemed ok and bp ok.
I'm on 50 evorel patch and have a mirena for prog. But still get the odd period. I feel like I'm about to start a period, and have in the past had palps before I started, but these are more frequent than usual.
I wondered if it could be a dip in oestrogen causing it?

honorsmum

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »

I'm not on HRT, but believe I'm in perimenopause.
I started getting palpitations back in October (or, at least, that was when I first started to notice them properly) but my GP had previously mentioned I was tachycardic in June during a routine examination.
Mine most frequently happen at night, but some days, they carry on for several hours in the morning too. I have just started to keep a diary of symptoms to see if there is a pattern - they completely disappeared at the end of last week and over the weekend, when my period arrived, and then returned once it had stopped.

lizzog

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 08:33:26 AM »

Yes this seems to be like me. I'm keeping track in a diary. They seem to have mysteriously gone today....

Millykin

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »

I get these too. It usually happens when I due bleed (wether I get a bleed or not)
Not nice. Had tests last year all ok but still doesn't help.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 05:39:55 PM »

I get them now and again even though I'm on HRT and mentioned to my gyane GP on last visit and she said it was a symptom of menopause and low oestrogen.

Hurdity x

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 07:46:55 PM »

Hurdity
That's interesting, my palpitations eased off first few months of HRT and I had bleeds, but no bleeds last 5 months and palpitations are back. I'm thinking I need higher dose HRT or I'm not absorbing tablets too well lately. X