Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Post meno bleeding  (Read 6829 times)

spider

Re: Post meno bleeding
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 08:50:05 AM »

.....and feeling happier (like normal) than I have in the last year or so...I'd actually forgotten what normal used to feel like...
All being well I think I may give HRT a try.....my sleep has been so much better, mood improved greatly and energy levels increased...obviously hormones ::)

Thanks for your support. 🌻🌻🌻

spider

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »

Been to GP who is certain I have nothing to worry about. He is not referring me to hospital and asked me to monitor. Thing is now nightsweats, flushes, anxiety and so on have all returned...hormones indeed 😁
At least I'm now certain that all these things are definitely hormone related as for that short time I felt "normal" again ☺️
Here we go again then!
Can I ask everyone though will I now have to wait another year before being menopausal now that I am 50?

Spider 😳

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »

spider - if you are getting menopausal symptoms like flushes and night sweats but still getting the occasional period or bleeding then you are classed as peri menopausal.  HRt most certainly can be started in peri meno and can certainly ease the fluctuations that make the peri stage so challenging.
Do read this article :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2800760/should-women-hrt-menopause-experts-say-s-best-way-ease-symptoms-avoid-long-term-health-problems.html
Do read up all the info under headings to the left of this screen as well.
GPs often tell women they can't use HRt till they are post menopause i.e. till their period have stopped or they have reached a certain age and this is all total nonsense.
DG x

spider

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 12:28:15 PM »

Thanks Dancinggirl..

I'm really having an awful time at the moment...worrying about everything, thinking the worst, getting angry at the kids for no real reason, no interest in my OH, sweating, feeling old..
So happy I have the forum for sounding off..maybe need the HRT after all..

Spider x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 12:36:54 PM »

I'm 58 and have tried being without HRT - once for 3 years and recently for a year.  I'm a much nicer person when on HRT so it benefits not just me but everyone around me.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 11:34:35 AM »

Spider

As Taz says - now you're 50 you can wait a year before stopping contraception (if you have no other period).

For your questions re menopause. I would suggest that as your doctor has said it is hormones and is not investigating your bleeding as being post-menopausal bleeding (in the sense that there could be a problem) - then you will have to start counting again another year before saying you are post-menopausal - even though you thought you were already!

I would certainly enjoy the increased hormones while they last!

If you decide to try HRT then I would definitely try a cyclical one to start with - and ideally a long cycle initially - so that you can be sure whether the oestrogen makes you feel better - before adding in a cyclical progestogen - as it is this that can cause side effects.

Hear hear Dancinggirl (re HRT benefiting others besides yourself!_

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 [2]