Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: elleste duet advice needed please  (Read 4045 times)

TropicalVon69

elleste duet advice needed please
« on: February 01, 2015, 09:52:51 AM »

Hi ladies.....can I have any good and bad feedback about elleste duet hrt please.  I am in perimeno and had my long awaited meno appointment last week.  I did ask for femosten but I assume as elleste is cheaper she wants to try me on this first....any advice would be great as I haven't started yet...wanted to wait til period is over so as not to upset my cycle and body too much....thanks :-)

Millykin

Re: elleste duet advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 10:37:08 AM »

Hi
My first HRT was ellest duet and for first 3 months I took a bleed and felt great but then after that it went downhill. I noticed when I took the prog part it wasn't agreeing and I felt terrible. I changed to Femoston 1/10 and first 3 months great again but then I noticed when I stop the prog part I feel terrible. I need more of the prog in Femoston I think. Can't win. Hope this helps although we are all different with prog.
X

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:10:13 AM »

Hi TropicalVon 69

What a pity that the doc did not give the one you asked for - still hopefully you will be fine on the Elleste - many women are! I haven't tried this one as I have always used transdermal HRT, but when I first started HRT 8 years ago, I had Evorel sequi patches which had the same progestogen in them (Norethisterone) but they did give me headaches so I have been using progesterone ever since.

Did she give a reason to give you Elleste when you asked for Femoston? I would suggest that anyone reading this who is about to ask for HRT and wants Femoston, should insist that they want this one because the progestogen (Dydrogesterone) is closest to progesterone (and is the nearest to bioidentical HRT that you can get in combi pill form. It is the least related to testosterone and therefore will be less likely to have androgenic effects ( ie spots, acne, hair loss etc).

Hope it goes well TropicalVon and do keep us posted as to how you get on!

Hurdity x

Essexragdoll

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 11:18:57 AM »

Sorry to hijack this thread, but just wanted to ask a quick question about Femoston. I too have just started taking this, and I may be being a bit dense here but is the prog the second half of the pack ?

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »

If you are on the cyclical Femoston - designed to give a bleed then yes the second half of the pack (started on Day 15) contains the progestogen part in a combi pill with the oestrogen. The oestrogen dose is continuous - the same throughout the month.

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »

Hi
My first HRT was ellest duet and for first 3 months I took a bleed and felt great but then after that it went downhill. I noticed when I took the prog part it wasn't agreeing and I felt terrible. I changed to Femoston 1/10 and first 3 months great again but then I noticed when I stop the prog part I feel terrible. I need more of the prog in Femoston I think. Can't win. Hope this helps although we are all different with prog.
X

Hi Millykin

You don't need more prog though! What you are feeling is normal pmt - in normal menstrual cycles when prog is reduced, as well as oestrogen - this causes pms symptoms which disappear once the prog has cleared and oestorgen starts to rise.

The most important thing is that you can tolerate the progestogen in Femoston, which you couldn't in Elleste. Those feelings in the first few days after stopping the prog are just normal - as your body's physiology adjusts again to the different levels of hormones. It would be too much to expect both to eliminate menopausal symptoms and the cyclical hormonal effects!! Hopefully you are feeling good most of the time?

Hurdity  x

Millykin

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »

Hurdity
Thanks, I do feel better and Femoston does suit, it's just the dip I hate when I stop progestrone part it lasts about a week. I will learn to live with it! I may have to move to 2/10 though as past few months flushes are returning and don't have break through bleed, as I mentioned in another thread I don't know if I'm not absorbing tablets well and might consider patches and Utrogestan but it's the what if situation. GP have offered these other options so isn't a problem.
X

Essexragdoll

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 02:01:32 PM »

Thanks Hurdity x

TropicalVon69

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 04:01:27 PM »

Thank you for your experience ladies...my nurse said to try them for 3 months, just a bit worried about the progesterone type they are...I have looked at reviews and it does suit many women...time to hand my prescription in and give them a bash as I feel pretty horrible right now....hope you're all having a good day :-) x