Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Mothers  (Read 17619 times)

Rowan

Re: Mothers
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2015, 04:02:17 PM »

I am talking about domestic items CLKD, old pillows, old crockery etc. bits and pieces that "that might come in handy"  and never used and never see the light of day. Jars and jars of odds and ends ::)

I would never touch his personal items, clothes and files (loads of files) I just try to encourage him to sort those out himself.

I think if it isn't useful or beautiful its not necessary.

Like grumpy I keep photos, jewellery my personal files including My Family History research, but clear my drawers out regularly to get rid of clutter.

honeybun

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2015, 05:13:49 PM »

My hubby keeps his clutter in the garage thankfully. Boxes of nails and screws and...well you name it he has it including power tools. If anything needs fixing he always comes up with a part. The last time we moved house it took him a week to pack up his stuff. As long as it's outside I don't mind, that's his domain.

I do have a good clothes clear out twice a year when the winter clothes go away and the summer ones come out.

I do have loads of stuff that the kids drew or made...every report card from nursery onwards, baby books and school photographs. I just could not get rid of any of them.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2015, 05:18:04 PM »

They are still his belongings though  :-\ …….. if my Dad sent me to the garage for an item, it would be exactly where he said it would be.  Old jam jars upside down held by the lids contained nails or screws in varying sizes etc..

Mine probably wouldn't miss anything ……. however  :-X

grumpy2008

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2015, 06:07:18 PM »

'One man's junk' as they say ;-)

We have relatives who are true hoarders... they are elderly now but the floor and surfaces are covered... carers & cleaners go in, but I guess they just have to work around it. Pretty soon it will become too much of a hazard for them :-/.

I have the urge to clear some drawers out  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]