Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety and hospitals  (Read 7537 times)

honeybun

Re: Anxiety and hospitals
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »

Thanks Taz....will have a read.

Honeybun
X

nelliedee

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 08:00:19 PM »

I think a lot of us have let certain fears build up over the years I know I have. I stopped driving on motorways years ago and since then I have avoided other things too, flying being one of them. I am slowly working on myself layer by layer and I know the final thing to face will be motorway driving  :( I plan to break it down to maybe 1 junction at a time. With hospital visits could you just visit and stand in the entrance on your 1st visit, baby steps, break it down and take control back slowly xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »

that worked for me, mostly, in the supermarket scenario ……….. but Hospitals have set visiting hours which puts on more pressure  :-\ and it can be a rabbit warren finding the way to/from the Wards  >:( - in some Hospitals they have coloured foot prints on the floors to the various depts  ::)

I was unable to attend my F in L's funeral due to anxiety - it was better that DH supported his Mum and not have to worry about me suddenly needing the leave.  I stayed at home with the dog ………

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 08:34:50 PM »

I can go into a hospital, went with hubby for three months, every week. I went in, went to the loo, got a cuppa and took it out to the car.

It's the wards that are the issue.

Seems to me every single time I have been to visit anyone in a ward there has been someone sitting up in bed with a sick bowl.
When mum was in after breaking her hip she was in a single room...I managed that just.
When hubby was in A&E with his diabetes I was the one who wandered about outside and kept going back in when I was needed. My poor son said I looked worse than his dad. He had to cope with us both. He is nearly 26 now and I know he would support me if hubby was in. Hubby just forces me to do what's right. It's a case of this is what you need to do so with me holding your hand this is what you WILL do.

Need to stop overthinking and just live for the day.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 10:10:06 PM »

Not easy though - our brains niggle away don't they  >:( ………. I'm not any better if I know the sickness isn't catching  :-X didn't go near pregnant ladies either!

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »

Honeybun  just wanted to add to this thread as I also have this problem   :(  think mine is deep routed  from when I was a child also..........very long story. This anxiety thing is pants xxxx

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 07:46:31 PM »

Hello honeybun.

I just wanted to add that I also hate visiting hospitals, even the clinic I had to attend recently was difficult for me but this is definitely a meno thing as I have never had this problem before.

I send my sympathies to you but I'm sure your hormonal state is contributing a lot and hopefully when this phase has passed you will be able to cope much better.

Wishing you well.

K.
Pages: 1 [2]