Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Been prescribed Cyclo Progynova and bit worried. Help please..  (Read 20611 times)

Tinamarie

Re: Been prescribed Cyclo Progynova and bit worried. Help please..
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2015, 10:45:33 AM »

Hi
Thank u for your reply sorry to hear u had the same problem as me to get the treatment u needed.
I do agree with u perhaps these docs should be aware on how we are feeling after all we know our own bodies and the way we should be feeling and I just knew something was not right and when the blood test confirmed that I was pre menopausal i should have been given the treatment needed not have to wait a few more months feeling rotten and then fighting to get hrt !! Even now the doc is convinced it's still depression I just hope I can go back in a month a new woman and prove her wrong.
Hope things are improving for u xx

Tina xxx

GeordieGirl

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 10:51:30 AM »

Should there be a campaign to educate ourselves and our GP's of the potential havoc that menopause can wreak?

Yes!!!! 

I'd start with my surgery who are clueless.  Then similar aged friends who've been suffering classic symptoms but didn't realise it was menopause related (I did the same, I only saw my doctor because of a breast cyst and mentioned insomnia and a few other things in passing).  The more we know, the better armed we'll be...

With 13 million menopausal women you'd really expect a lot more info on it all.

GG x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »

Hi Tinamarie and welcome to MM
I hope the HRT does the trick for you. It can take around 3 months to really do it's magic and through peri stage when your own hormones are fluctuating you can get some ups and downs.  If you find the progesterone part gives some PMT types symptoms then it's worth trying a different HRT like Femoston 1/10 which has a kinder progesterone.
Do read up all the info on this site to get really clued up. Let us know how you get on.   Dg x

dazned

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17:51 PM »

Hi  :welcomemm:

Just to let you know I did really well on Estelle duet for 4 years,but it's really a bit of trial and error to start with and unfortunately you do have to give it 3 months at least t see if you improve. As you are still in peri you might get a few dips too as and when your own hormones chip in ! But hopefully you will be lucky first time like me. Pity I'm not so lucky this time around!

Tinamarie

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2015, 08:12:12 PM »

Hi
Thank u for all your comments I really hope that I have found the answer it's got to be better then how I was I have never ever felt so low .

Thanks again
Tina xxxx
Pages: 1 [2]