Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello everyone.  (Read 2461 times)

Suzzie

Hello everyone.
« on: January 13, 2015, 06:13:55 PM »

Well hello to all and firstly thank you for this great forum. I've been reading for a few weeks now.

Wow ! Where do I start?

I have been feeling shocking. I don't really go to the Drs much but since last March I have been 7 times with various niggling symptoms and it's only just recently twigged I may be peri-menopause. The other side of me is saying not because I'm only 44. I now know this isn't the case.

My symptoms over the last year.......
21 day cycles which have now over the last 2 turned into 17 day cycles. Extremely heavy with clots. I've, for a long time been able to feel when ovulating as I get awful ovary pain. I have been ovulating on day 7/8......too early??? Always ovulate from the right side, I don't think the left one works anymore.
Period pains when not on a period.

Terrible anxiety and palpitations......to the point where I feel I can't cope....totally out of character and comes out of nowhere.
Disconnected/confused/woozy,unbalanced head feeling.......almost like I've been taking drugs (not that I know what that feels like) but how I would imagine.
Burning red patches of hives on skin brought on by pressure.....I only need to dry with a towel and this happens. ( GP says this is Dermatographism)
Feeling hot flashes (sometimes) but only 2 occasions I have woke up with the back of my hair wringing wet.
Awful fatigue.....feels like everything good has been completely been sucked from my body.

I had the usual routine bloods done in October. TSH U&E'S FBC LFT ect and all normal.
Last GP visit last week and I asked could this be hormones. She advised the hormone blood tests, 4 or 5 things on there. Will get results from that end of this week.
She offered me Citalipram but I have declined at this point. She said reluctant to discuss HRT at this stage and also due to my history of migraine, which have been the bane of my life.

Don't know what to expect. I feel as though I'm loosing my mind :-(

Anyway thanks for reading. I'm going to continue to educate myself with all the excellent info on this site.

Xxx

Hurdity

Re: Hello everyone.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »

Hi Suzzie

:welcomemm:

Sorry to hear about all your symptoms.

As you say it may be too early for HRT in your case as your periods are very close together and still heavy. Hormone blood tests for menopause are unreliable and it's better gor GPs to go on symptoms.

Here is some information on this site about diagnosis of menopause:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/diagnose.php

Also there is a great article about peri-menopause and what's happening to your body here:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/article-perils-of-the-perimenopause.php

Thereis also information about bleeding problems and how they can be treated in the orange menu - click on the sub tabs:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/heavyperiods.php

Hope this helps and keep on posting!  :)

Hurdity x

Suzzie

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »

Thank you Hurdity.

My thoughts exactly re the hormone blood tests. I was actually surprised she even suggested them.

Thanks for the links, should keep me busy for a while.

Xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »

:welcomemm:  browse round!

Briony

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 10:47:28 PM »

If/when you do consider HRT , don't let your migraines totally rule it out. If anything, mine have slightly eased since I started. I am 42 and taking HRT for symptoms similar to yours. If heavy periods are an issue,  have you looked into having a Mirena coil or taking Qlaira? Good luck x

Kathleen

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:47:52 AM »

Hello Suzzie and welcome to the forum.

I recognise so much of what you say as will many ladies on this site.

At 58 I am a lot older than you but my experiences may be able to help you.
I had regular and heavy periods with clots and when I had two in one month the GP referred me for a scan which revealed a small fibroid. I was given tablets to reduce the bleeding but they never really worked. My periods continued  until I was 54 when they suddenly stopped, never to return. I struggled on through the menopause until nearly two years ago when I began HRT. I mention all this because you may find that you have a fibroid and if so don't let that deter you from using HRT if that is suggested.

Wishing you well and a safe journey along this bumpy road. We are here to help.

K.

Suzzie

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »

Thank you ladies for your lovely replies.

Think my next step is to try and get the periods sorted. Don't think I can cope having 2 a month at that level of blood loss.

Everything is so confusing.....the different types of HRT and what would suit ect. Trying not to get too bogged down with that at the min though until I'm back at GP.

This feeling of being detached from reality is really scaring me. I need to snap out of it but can't :(

Xx

Alua197

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:13:58 PM »

Suzzie I have evry symptom you mentioned and then some. I am 41 and it started one year ago. I have had six blood tests for hormones this year and until the sixth one they were normal. My symptoms were the worst when they read normal. Moral of story the blood tests can be unreliable and should not be relied upon. I have started hrt and its early days but im  praying they work and that you also find relief. I often feel like im losing my mind with my symptoms. X