Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Room 101  (Read 15732 times)

Judith57

Room 101
« on: January 09, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

What aspect of modern life would you put in Room 101?

One thing that drives me crazy is the people who don't move their cars forward before they go in to pay for their petrol at the petrol stations that have now become mini-markets with Costa coffee machines etc. I pulled up at a pump the other day behind a man who was just finishing filling up, he went in to the shop to pay but stopped to buy a coffee, picked up a few things and then, unbelievably, STARTED TO BROWSE THE MAGAZINES while I'm sitting waiting for him to return to his car so that I can get to the pump. Aaaarrrggghhhh......

Taz2

Re: Room 101
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 12:44:52 AM »

It's difficult though to move your car forward after filling up because, where I live anyway, any attempt to drive off the forecourt is seen as an attempt to drive off without paying. I agree it is annoying though.

Not sure what I would put in Room 101 - will have to think about it .....

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 09:18:04 AM »

Will have a think, but just to say I agree about aggressive drivers sparkle. The ones who annoy me most are those to drive right up bumper to bumper. Hubby told me to left foot break when someone does this. Gave one girl a heck of a fright once, that's for sure!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »

Oh Good Thread! [how cross can I get  ;D]

I would lock up those drivers who use mobile phones etc., into a deep dungeon with no light and throw away the key, same with those that drink, take drugs and drive

I love Room 101 - although it's contrived as a programme  ::)

People who breed dogs for money - I would make them work in rescue kennels and never allow them out
LAs who have 'our' money in stocks and shares rather than spending it on essential services

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 02:13:20 PM »

Checkout workers who go as slow as humanly possible.

People who park over two spaces in a car park.

People who spit in the street.

Unwanted and un asked for sales calls.

Special offers for new customers and price rises for loyal customers.....that drives me up the wall

Oh I could go on  ::)

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2015, 02:49:58 PM »

One thing that drives me crazy is the people who don't move their cars forward before they go in to pay for their petrol at the petrol stations

Totally agree Judith

Rowan

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

Not heard of Room101, so had to look it up

"Room 101 is a room introduced in the climax of the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. It is a torture chamber in the Ministry of Love, in which the Party attempts to subject a prisoner to his or her own worst nightmare, fear or phobia, with the object of breaking down their resistance"

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 03:55:30 PM by silverlady »

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »

It's also a TVS series hosted by Frank Skinner who has the funniest shaped head  ;D

I digress  ::)

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2015, 03:53:08 PM »

Gary Linekar was on last night  :-*  :D

Could I drop my pea-sized brain in and get a new one that remembers stuff?

Rowan

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »

A certain person who puts his rubbish into our wheelie bin after we have all put our wheelie bins out to be emptied (we have watched him do it)

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2015, 04:14:38 PM »

Would you feel better if he asked first?  My neighbour did this at New Year, apparently he had asked DH who had forgotten to tell me - I think they got together to watch the confusion set in when I next went to the bin  ;D

Dulciana

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »

Mothers in supermarkets who ask their small children, very loudly and clearly, to help them find organic-this or organic-that, in the hopes of anyone passing nearby feeling thoroughly ashamed of themselves that they're not buying organic.     It's just soooo pointed!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 07:23:21 PM »

Mothers who allow their children to handle un-packed food stuffs
Mothers who allow their children to stand in the trolleys - a) it is un-hygeniec to have feet where food is to go and b) it's an accident waiting to happen

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 07:43:51 PM »

Uncovered food for sale......bakery things and salad stuff.

I have seen kids fingers and tongues in both  :o

If it's not wrapped I don't buy it.

Honeyb
X

Judith57

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »

Thought of a few more:

The people who phone me up wanting to speak to me about the accident I have been involved in during the last three years - I haven't been... :-\

Superfluous food packaging.

Buy one get one free offers - I live on my own and would rather have one at half price!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6