Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Weight loss over Xmas  (Read 9053 times)

honeybun

Weight loss over Xmas
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:54:46 AM »

Does this happen to anyone else.

When I am out of my normal routines I don't eat that much and by the time I have fed everyone else I am too tired to eat much myself. I have loads of chocolate around and have not eaten one sweet thing for days now.

Got on the scales this morning and have dropped 3lbs.
I'm the same when I go on holiday....always loose weight.

I think anxiety just doesn't help either. Difficult to eat when your tummy is in knots all the time.

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

Re: Weight loss over Xmas
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 11:01:24 AM »

Yes!  :)

Is keeping weight on a problem? It can be as big a problem as losing weight. I wouldn't have believed this a year ago!

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:09:22 AM »

It can be a bit. When anxiety is really bad I loose weight at an alarming rate.When we moved house and mother broke her hip four years ago I dropped a stone in a month so I guess it's not unusual.

I'm not over weight so have to be careful and the gaunt look is not great. I'm 5ft 1 and now 8st 6 this morning so getting just a bit on the thin side.

I know lots of people comfort eat but I'm the exact opposite. Just don't feel hungry at all.

Honeyb
x

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:19:30 AM »

I struggled to eat yesterday, but I will welcome any resulting weight loss. Got lots of nice chocolate that I can eat, but little or no interest at the moment. Diet, proper starts again in January.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 11:38:47 AM »

Yes I always lose a bit of weight over Christmas. I put it down to all of the rushing around I do in the weeks beforehand. Present buying and wrapping. More housework. Making up spare beds. Food shopping for all of the extra bits so that everyone has the things they want to eat. Lack of sleep too and then, on the day, again not eating much as everyone else because I'm so busy making sure everyone has a lovely time. Didn't you have an evening in the loo with a stomach upset though Honeyb? 3lbs isn't much really.

I'm almost 4ft 11 and weigh eight and a half at the minute which doc says is a tad overweight but I think I'm still getting over the hyster. I would get yourself checked out after Christmas as you have had stomach pain recently and although you do have diverticular disease it's good to make sure that everything is ok. You have also had extra worries don't forget. You do such a lot for others but make that appointment and make sure that you are ok.

Taz x  :hug:

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »

Yes a very strange half hour in the loo  ::).

I feel fine though. Just get stressed and with all the running around and the butterfly tummy sensation  there seems to be no room for much food. Hopefully back to normal soon, whatever that is these days.
I'm not worried about it because it has happened the same way for years.
Nice to know it's not just me being weird. Well I'm always a bit weird, but no weirder than normal  ;D

Honeyb
x

Ju Ju

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 12:07:49 PM »

I'm 5ft 7in and weigh just under 8 stone at the moment and that with nibbling at naughty stuff. I don't think I look gaunt, though not looking my best at the moment. At the beginning of the year I weighed 2 st more and there was never any intention to lose that much. PS Being weird is the new norm, HB!  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »

5ft 1" and I weight 8stone 2lb.  Even when anorexic I reached a stable weight of between 5st and 6st 11lb.  It's the dashing around, not eating at the usual times ……and eating different foods means we get filled up differently.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 01:25:13 PM »

I'm overweight at 5ft 3in. I was given a target of 10 stones for my height, some time ago. Never managed yet. I would have to eat rabbit food 24/7 to manage that. Lost 2 stones last year, but have put on about 8lbs since then. So diet restarts after festive period.

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 01:34:09 PM »

If weird is the new normal then I'm very very normal  ;D

I have had weight problems and eating issues since childhood. I was, according to my mother, a very difficult child to feed. Both of my children were the same.
Funny thing though is I chose cooking for a career. That was when I was at my lightest. I do like nice food and have a reasonable appetite normally, it's just when stressed I just don't eat much at all.

Still back to normal soon I hope.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:36:20 PM »

I avoided food - even going into the kitchen made me queasy  :-\ ……….. which is why DH does the cooking.  All that food preparation for a few moments face stuffing  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »

I don't think I have particular issues with food, though food was issue between me and mum. It was eat up everything and be grateful. I had a more relaxed attitude as does my daughter. The only rule was if you don't want your dinner, then you don't need a pudding. Mum recently apologised and said she should have trusted me to know whether I was full or not. But then as far as I can gather she her family experienced financial hardship during her early years. I would think that would have influenced her attitude to food.

And HB, the weirder you become the better! It's good to be different! And fun!

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »

Oh what's it about eating firsts first ……..  ::) why not have a pud first ……..

Taz2

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »

Honeybun your choice of career is not strange. I know two women with severe eating issues (morbidly anorexic) one is a nutritionist for the local health authority and the other a chef in a fancy restaurant. They both are regularly hospitalised due to their worsening health and the thing they most want to do when this happens is get back to cooking and advising others.

When I met my husband in 1975 I weighed 6stone - looking at photos I wasn't thin just tiny somehow. Funny how it sort of gathers in different parts of the body without you noticing!!  I'm not sure how the doc worked it out now as she said they are not doing the BMI thing anymore but at 5ft it came out at seven and a half stone but she reckoned anything under eight for me would be good.

Taz x

Ju Ju

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 03:07:13 PM »

Chocolate for breakfast?  ;D.......I have had some chocolate today and it doesn't make me feel ill......oh dear..........time to make up for lost chocolate years......have I self control.......

When I had multiple food intolerances it helped to cook things that I couldn't eat for others. Weird. It seemed to satisfy a need. Is it the same with anorexia sufferers?
Pages: [1] 2 3