Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: coughing  (Read 9767 times)

robotwars

Re: coughing
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:24 PM »

Just a quick update, phoned doctors today and I cant get an appointment till the end of Jan, I can phone daily to see if anyones cancelled!!!! My doctors are a nightmare!!!!
On the positive its a dry cough, I have been on the blue inhaler for 3 weeks now...... hopefully its nothing serious!!!
My body seems to be falling to pieces since I have been in peri! LOL - had dreadful hot flushes last night, when will it ever end..................

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »

Go to a Pharamcist for advice then?

tiger74

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 09:18:29 PM »

Change GP Practices?  Needing a month's notice for an appointment is ridiculous.

robotwars

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 09:25:15 PM »

I've tried changing, we have 2 practices in the village, I tried to change to the other and was told they were not allowed to take any patients from the other practice and that the NHS are looking into it!!!!! Feel absolutely stuck...so annoyed about it.........................when I do get an appointment i feel like I get nowhere, they sit there side of the desk and don't come anywhere near me, they must be psychic! LOL  - Oh well, I will keep phoning and calling in every day and see if I can get an appointment earlier.
I went to the pharmacist CLK and they recommended seeing my GP as I have already tried 3 different cough mixtures!!! I told this to the doctors but got nowhere......................Aaghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiger74

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »

Perhaps worth asking the other practice who exactly has dictated to them that they are "not allowed" to transfer patients from the other practice - this sounds rather strange.  I thought patients had a choice.

Personally I'd be tempted to ask them which from which practices' they can transfer patients e.g. is there a practice in a neighbouring village/town you could transfer to and then transfer almost straightaway to the favoured one in the village?  Seems like a lot of hassle but sometimes you just have to 'play the game'.

As regards the current issue of your persistent cough, I do hope you manage to obtain an appointment soon and feel able to tell the GP exactly what the problem is and what you think the next best steps would be.  Keep ringing the practice several times a day and hopefully an appointment will materialise.  Pharmacists may be well-qualified, knowledgeable people when it comes to medicinal interactions and contraindications and making recommendations for treating minor ailments but it is outside their remit to make diagnoses or referrals so IMHO yours acting correctly by suggesting a doctor's appointment having ascertained you had already tried several OTC remedies.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:02:51 PM by tiger74 »
Pages: 1 [2]