Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hubby visits doctor  (Read 11518 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hubby visits doctor
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2015, 01:26:02 PM »

:D he's a Big Boy now but oh my ………. 'man 'flu' etc., I think because they aren't mentally prepared for 'what if ……. '  :P

Joyce

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »

Today he's fizzing again. Turns out cholesterol test, the unfasted one, a week ago, his level was 5.6. Not horrendously high. They did a blood sugar test today, again not overly high but has to go back next week for glucose test. OK he admits his levels are maybe a wee bit higher than they should be, but compared to 20 years ago when his tests were much higher, he's done well. What is annoying him is when they are complaining about people having to go to A&E because they can't get GP appointments, he has now had 5 appointments when he only originally went with a sore thumb. These appointments could be going to folk who are in much more need of them. Meanwhile our surgery is making money running all these tests, because they get paid to do them. Heaven help the doctor who sees him at his next appointment as he plans on putting his point across! He says it's things like this which put him off going in the first place.

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 02:36:37 PM »

He doesn't have to undergo these tests, however - if necessary these tests can be done when the patient is 'caught', particularly as men don't go to the Surgery that often  ;)

Rowan

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »

Cubagirl 5.7 is good, its about the nation average.

There is a lot of new thinking about cholesterol and levels now.  What was his ratio? if the HDL levels were satisfactory, he will not have to worry too much.

It is best to keep triglyceride levels low though.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/the-cholesterol-myth-that_b_676817.html

Joyce

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 03:27:45 PM »

Daughter, who is a nurse, says his levels are within acceptable range and cannot understand why they are making such a fuss. My last cholesterol check was higher than hubby's but was told I wasn't within the limits of needing statins & to keep an eye on my weight. My test was also non fasted & I wasn't asked back for a repeat. Same surgery, different rules.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 03:37:26 PM »

Same Surgery, new GP? or a drugs company pushing …….

Mine had a letter about his next 'poo' check ……. thought we only did this once  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:42 PM »

Every other year I think CLKD.

I know your hubby has had more than he bargained for CG, but at least he will get the all clear. Timing might not be right but men are so rarely at the GP they jump on the ones who do turn up. Tell him to watch out, they may suggest a prostate check  ::) :o

Honeyb
X

Joyce

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 05:09:40 PM »

;D ;D ;D Same thought went through my head HB. That may come yet. We're laughing about it now, even though he's still a tad £%&&#@ off.  Our daughter laughed loudest though. In amongst all this he had a hearing test as we have spent years repeating stuff. His hearing test was fine, so just goes to prove he has selective hearing!  I'm having fun with that one. It'll run for quite a while, me thinks.  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »

Mine had a letter about his next 'poo' check ……. thought we only did this once  ::)

Around here it's more than once when over the age of 65.
Sadly, not sure how often.........
HB's every other year sounds about right.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2015, 05:50:31 PM »

DH is selectively deaf too  :( ……… whereas I never am  :whist:

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:01 PM »

Oh I would love hubby to go and get a hearing check. I have to SHOUT quite a lot. He accused me of muttering....um I think not.

May pursue at some point just not quite yet.

He goes for his AAA a week on Monday.....results given there and then  :o

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2015, 09:06:36 PM »

Yep.  It can be seen on the 'scan'.  Another tick then  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]