Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Another bad day!!  (Read 3443 times)

robotwars

Another bad day!!
« on: March 08, 2015, 03:05:21 PM »

had so much planned for this weekend and I have felt awful!
I have had a funny stomach all weekend, feel like I need to go to the toilet all the time ( do suffer with IBS on an doff!), plus soreness down below, just getting over being on for the first time in 3 months for 8 days and bled so much, so know im low on iron!!! wondering whether some of it is due to stress, as I'm working full time and also looking after my mother at the moment as her health isn't too good but she wont agree to carers at the moment, I'm working on this. ..... just wish I could get my stomach to settle......... feel rubbish!!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Another bad day!!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:11:30 PM »

No wonder your stomach is rebelling!  Remind me - does your Mother live near?  Has Social Services done a visit for assessment?  Difficult if she feels she doesn't require outside care but if you tell her that in order to continue to assist her, SS need to advise you both to ease the situation  ;)

You need to have a blood test to check on iron levels, unless you are unable to get out of bed you won't really be certain if levels are low. 

AgeUK has a lot of leaflets with helpful advice!  Drop into one of their Charity Shops and pick them up …….  ;)

robotwars

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 03:21:27 PM »

I have a blood test booked for tomorrow. I have also made an appointment with my mothers GP on Tuesday to try and sort something out,
Just hoping she will allow some outside help. If she didn't have a dog I would suggest some sort of warden managed home etc...... so at least there is someone there to keep an eye on her but she wont be parted from the dog as he is her companion!!! Hopefully I will get some answers this week, fingers crossed!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 03:27:30 PM »

Oh don't give up on warden assisted living because your Mum has a dog  ;) - I think that the Charity 'Cinnamon Trust' has a list of pet friendly homes etc., you may find that useful.  Also Social Services may have lists too.  Some places allow pets to accompany residents but don't suggest that older people take on a pup or kitten for example.

Make a [secret] list of your requirements around your Mum's place, i.e. grab rails in the bathroom.  Are you able to prepare small meals for your Mum or suggest 'the name escapes me' ……… Ronnie Corbett advertises them and my Mum manages well with them.

There maybe agencies in your area that offer 'sitting' services too which might suit your Mum initially!

robotwars

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:55 PM »

Thanks CKLD I have never heard of the cinnamon trust, I will look into these.... sorry it has taken some time to reply but my mother is back in hospital again, third time since Christmas, with COPD and chronic heart failure, I had to call an ambulance and they have taken her back in, been for a week so far this time and she still cant do anything, she is on air constantly and cant walk anywhere, not sure how long she is going to be in as cant find a doctor to speak too!!!
Life is awful at the moment, since Christmas I haven't had a day to myself, been running backwards and forwards either looking after her at home or visiting her in hospital as well as working full time, my anxiety levels are awful, I'm sure a lot of it is down to the situation at the moment and all the hassle I'm having at work, its also costing a fortune, I'm spending about £30 a week on hospital parking that's without all the extra fuel....
Lent some money to my son and he said he would pay me back, that was last sept, still nothing, he doesn't have the money at the moment and seems to have so much debt in his life!!!
Just hoping things get better soon as life is awful at the moment, my own health isn't great, constatnt itching down below, which I'm sure is contributing the to the need of wanting to spend a penny all the time, been to docs and they checked for infection but its clear, tried canestan and vagisil cream but it just burns when you put it on, keep waking up at night, feel very tired, whole body aches, feel very low, periods all over the place as I'm in Peri....
Oh well I get my blood test results next week so hopefully I will have some answers then, sorry to rant....... just having a bad time at the moment......

Maryjane

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »

An antihistamine should help the down belows.

Maryjane

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 04:42:01 PM »

An antihistamine should help the down belows.

Jenna

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 06:27:24 PM »

At the risk of sounding boring, I would suggest trying 'Yes' water-based vaginal moisturiser for your itching (I am always saying this!) and I would ask your GP to check whether you might have the beginnings of VA.  (I have also sent you a PM.)

Jenna x