Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Walking  (Read 6413 times)

oldsheep

Re: Walking
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 07:09:47 PM »

are greyhounds cuddly and affectionate dogs?

babypink2807

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »

Mrs January I've just taken up walking, in preparation for my charity walk in June next year.  On a Tues and Thurs lunchtime I do 2 miles around work

Monday, weds and Saturday I average 12 - 15 miles which is hard work but my dog loves it.  I need to average 4mph and it's difficult.  My first few walks my backside and calf muscles ached but now I'm ok.  Yesterday I did 5 miles in the morning, half way I thought why am I doing this but I had to carry on otherwise I would not have got home

I use an apps called map my walk and I'm starting to get slightly addicted by tryIng to go a little bit further

Keep going Mrs January

Mrs January

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 11:53:10 PM »

Hi There Blossom22

Thanks, good to hear from you too. Is life easier??

I currently am on the second week of antibiotics for a chest infection and using an inhaler, so fitness is poo:(( Have to be back at work 19th Jan so need to try to be ok for then...my new man loves to walk so he  will get this lady fit lol

Hugs

Mrs January xxx

bramble

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 11:43:01 AM »

Hope Santa brought you a pedometer for Christmas Mrs J. Good way to keep track of your steps and distances. (Once you are better!). :-*

Bramble

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »

The long dogs [greyhounds, whippets, lurchers] can be cuddly-up-2 dogs.  Salukie/Afghan less so because they are aloof and are not reliant on returning until they are ready  ::).  Sight hounds often have their brains on lunch  ;D ….. so are always looking into the distance in case the see an opportunity.

If you fancy a greyhound go along to the local rescue kennels, there are breed rescue all over the UK  :'( ………. lots of kennels welcome regular walkers too, to give the dogs a break from routine.

I haven't done enough walking for 3 years  :-\ ……. too much afternoon TV and laziness - I admire anyone who can even consider more than 2 miles at a time  ;D.  When I had a spaniel I walked 2 miles x 3 times a day and at weekends a lot more …...
Pages: 1 [2]