Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: The Missing  (Read 19245 times)

Judith57

The Missing
« on: November 25, 2014, 09:21:32 PM »

Am I the only one totally confused by this......?

Judith57

Re: The Missing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:01:06 PM »

I was totally confused tonight so when you have watched it perhaps you could explain it to me  ;D. We will need to issue a spoiler alert though...

xx

purplenanny

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

I am watching it... well, trying to! ! I find it terribly confusing and I wish I had never started watching it, but it has me hooked.
I love James Nesbitt and saw his interview for it ages ago.  He spoke very passionately about it
I just hope it does not end with no conclusion as these things do sometimes
Each week seems very slow until the last ten minutes!  To keep you gripped for next week I guess....its working on me!
Must have been exhausting watching several sparkle ???

groundhog

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »

I have watched it from the outset and I am confused.  My husband usually brings me up to speed on things ( as I am invariably on here whilst watching which drives him nuts),  but he finds it boring so isn't watching ( sulking ).
So yes I am confused tonight and would welcome some clarification.  The bit I don't get is the involvement of the girl who had her throat cut when the boy first went missing ( lovely - sorry if tmi).

I am enjoying it tho in a terrified sort of way - total nightmare :(

purplenanny

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 10:54:08 PM »

Sorry groundhog, that part lost me too!  I have no idea who she was or her involvment

would be great if any ladies watching it could interpret and explain please ::)

I got very lost with the little girls Mum and which year we were in

Did he kill the man on the boat? At the very least he is going to have one hell of a  headache!!

Gripping. PN  ???

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:07:52 PM »

I'm gripped by this drama, though haven't watched tonight's episode yet. Yes, I find the ju!ping back & forth confusing. Took me to last week to work out some bits of it.

holidaylover

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »

I'm watching it too and it is quite deep.  I'm using the hairstyles to tell what year they're in.  I'm not 100% sure but I think the young girl is the sister of one of the members of the Romanian smuggling gang.  The undercover police officer sent to cover them befriended her, was rumbled and then had his throat slashed on the seat at the railwaystation.
She was a drug addict and the french policeman, whose own daughter has battled drug problems 'saved her', put her through cold turkey and brought her out the other side. She is a teacher now.  She had her throat slashed, I think, because she was also rumbled for talking.  Garrett, the man with the boat was not killed as we see him, with his wife, on the boat in the Indian Ocean. The bit that confused me was when, last night, Victor Bourg visited Garrett's wife on both the boat and what looked like a hospital.  I think she has a guilty secret!  (my theory at the moment, is that she has done something to little Oliver Hughes so that her husband could not get to him - far fetched I know!) I also dont trust the British liaison officer who Emily Hughes is with in the present day.  That's my interpretation and I may be completely wrong, but enjoying it anyways. I like to play detective.

purplenanny

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 10:03:42 AM »

Brilliant holidaylover, that has bought it nicely together in my mind.
Thank you!
I am even more intrigued now. I wonder if you are right ;)

Hattie

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2014, 10:18:52 AM »

I think Hughes has killed Garrett - Garretts wife was dreaming all about being on a boat (the life she really wanted with her husband) while in hospital -dreaming Bourg was on the boat too -she has been driven 'over the edge' by her husband's activities.

Hadn't thought that she might have protected the little boy - think you are right Holidaylover.

Think there is more involvement with the Romanian gang too - involving the other rogue policeman and the Mayor.

I found last night more confusing than other episodes - certainly a different way of filming with hairstyles changing rapidly etc - I may ring my son up - he had to explain the Matrix to me several times  ;D

Hattie X

babyjane

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »

holiday lover I totally agree with your explanation re Rini, the Romanian girl.

However regarding Victor Borg, I understood the scenes with Garrett's wife to be in his wife's disturbed mind, the scenes on the boat were her escape from reality as she was in a psychiatric hospital.  The male nursing attendant in her hospital room was the same attendant who was serving her on the boat and the name plate from the boat was fixed to the foot of her bed.

holidaylover

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2014, 10:54:53 AM »

Aaah, now I never saw it that way, but I get it now.  I'm also a wee bit confused regarding the British Reporter that crops up now and again.  Do you think he knows something we don't yet?   There will be a few more twists and turns before the end though I imagine.  We don't know yet how the French Detective got his limp, do we? or have I missed that?

babyjane

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 11:03:12 AM »

No we don't know how Julien got his limp but Tony referred to it when they met up in the present day indicating it happened in 2006.

there is also Malik Suri and his associate referring to some plan, I forget the name.  It is very cryptic and impossible to second guess.

I need to watch with subtitles otherwise I can't follow or understand anything with the different languages and accents (French, English, Romanian, Irish  (I don't find James Nesbitt easy to understand) .

purplenanny

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »

Thanks for starting this Judith57 - it is proving to be very helpful to me

Wow BJ - you are very observant - the male attendant and the boat name - impressive detective work! ;)

babyjane

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »

I watch a lot of Miss Marple and Midsomer Murders purplenanny  ;)

purplenanny

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2014, 01:17:08 PM »

Well it is coming in very useful with The Missing BJ ;D

Maybe a write up every Tuesday? ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7