Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT update  (Read 4490 times)

tabbycat3838

HRT update
« on: November 27, 2014, 12:16:34 PM »

Hello everyone..i just wanted to share my experience about this..after weeks of anxiety i decided to try the fem 7 and i duno if im jumping the gun or what but im feeling pretty good so far..im only about 2 1/2 weeks in but would normaly be feeling highly premenstrual right now as would be due on in the next week..am on day 3 of the progesterone and have to say very little symptoms at all.The only thing i noticed on the eastrogen phaze was an increase of the weeing thing and the dragging pulling yanking back and womb pain was  increased too ,(making me wonder if those particular symptoms migbt be  caused by low progesterone)..BUT i would happily trade all that for my better mood ,increased energy and lack of muscular aches and pains any day!even my kids have told me i am more positive and more like "me"
I have landed myself a pretty fab job which i realise might be helping and i know its very early days re the HRT but i did notice a difference in my mood very quickly.....apart from the patches being a pain in the ass to stick ..so far so good...and if it keeps up i doubt i,ll wanna come off them..im watching this space :-) hope you are all doing ok x

peegeetip

Re: HRT update
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 03:44:34 PM »

Hi, so glad your feeling good already.

For me the mood was one of the things that actually fluctuated over first couple of months.
I went thru a few weepy moments.
Not had those since. I put it down to getting used to the higher hormone levels again.
On the whole my mood lifted too after starting HRT.

:-*

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »

Hi tabbycat

Also glad to hear you are feeling better and good news about the new job!

Low progesterone would not cause these symptoms - progesterone is extremely low always during the first half of the menstural cycle, as it is with cyclical HRT. I don't know why you felt like this (the dragging feeling) but there is always a time for settling in when you start HRT as your body adjusts. Also if you are peri-menopausal sometimes your own hormones kick in too irrespective of what the HRT is doing.

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 06:17:09 PM »

Hello tabbycat.

Pleased to see that your HRT is working well for you. Keep us updated.

K.

tabbycat3838

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 06:48:41 PM »

Thankyou peegeetip .yeah i have to say im pretty facinated by all this lol especially after the fear i had..there truly is marked difference in how i feel generally im amazed..if it continues like this (And i do accept that it may not!)i will be massively grateful  because i really have been off my head the last few months and just cant go on like that.

Hurdity .the pain i experience no one knows why, ive had scans and stuff but its a horrible feeling like someones pulling my womb away from the sides,it yanks and burns and my overies sting.. i suspect i probably have some endo or scarring as do the gps ive seen ..That is interesting about the progesterone..i guess i just assumed all hormone swould be up and down and all over the place  in perri?.

Kathleen..thankyou..everyones been incredably kind and understanding here during my rantings x

Lizzy V

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »

I know exactly what you mean Tabbycat! I've noticed a real difference in mood since I started on Premique. It feels like a weight has been lifted from me and I feel like I did before I was menopausal! I had been on hrt for 4 years up to September when I decided to have a break which didn't last long because I felt so bad.
I feel amazed too  ;D
Hope it continues for both of us! X

tabbycat3838

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2014, 08:11:45 PM »

Lizzy that is so encouraging and thankyou SO much for sharing that ,as it really gives me hope!! i honestly felt better within the first couple of days of starting the phaze 1 just a slight headache and nausea but nothing to write home about at all ..granted i did stick it on on the last day of my period where i would have been feeling marginally better anyway but not THAT much better lol it was almost like i got some sort of "buzz "lmao..i went for a massive walk that day and was virtually bouncing down the road !..it has been my mood where ive seen the difference the most and frankly that is the thing i care about the most..,and tho some other annoying symptoms seem a little bit worse , the aching muscles and exhaustion have without a doubt improved..my gp told me that my eastrogen levels had dropped very suddenly ,but because i have little faith in doctors sadly i didnt really know if i believed her ..i felt like she was just pushing HRT on me...now i am reconsidering my thoughts and i have to admit that maybe she was right after all and that may well have been the culprite to how hideous ive been feeling.
I know this is not a psychological thing as i had no belief in HRT and infact was scared ****less of it but just felt that maybe possibly my some miracle it might help?
Im so delighted that your doing so well and yes i agree, wholehearteldly ..long may it continue :-)xx