Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 142864 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #960 on: November 19, 2023, 08:58:23 PM »

Here here!   :yes:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #961 on: November 27, 2023, 11:05:48 AM »

Month 2day and it will be All Over  8)

CLKD

Alternative greetings cards ( It's not Christmas yet! )
« Reply #962 on: November 28, 2023, 10:45:43 AM »

It is difficult to find cards that aren't directed to 'happy c.mas'  >:(.  Even those that state 'seasons greetings' have a c.mas message inside  >:( >:(

I'm not up to making cards even though I have plenty of ones from years gone by: mayB I need to get plain card in the New Year and set to using suitable 'fronts'  :-\ 8)

I have friends who suffered bereavements at this time of year and 'happy C.mas' seems inappropriate.

Looks like it will be individual New Year ones ....... off to our local shop for a lookC.

jaypo

« Reply #963 on: November 28, 2023, 04:07:39 PM »

As you know clkd my OHs niece took her own life at Xmas,so we always look for cards that say "thinking of you at Christmas " or the likes  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #964 on: November 28, 2023, 04:14:49 PM »

Not an easy time for any1 who has sad memories.  I wanted to get completely away from 'c.mas' but even those with 'seasons greetings' on the front seem to have 'c.mas' inside  >:(

MayB I need to give them up .........  :-\ :-\

SarahT

« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2023, 05:07:27 PM »

I always keep some cards at home that are completely blank inside. A simple handwritten message is ideal, Christmas can be a truly sad and emotional time for many, but may appreciate a card just to know people for care and are thinking of them. Maybe just a winter scene rather than all the Christmas images that can hurt those with difficult memories

jaypo

« Reply #966 on: November 29, 2023, 08:49:13 AM »

Yes,the blank cards are the best and I agree Sarah,even though it's a terrible time for some,they appreciate others thinking of them ❣️

Minusminnie

Re: Alternative greetings cards ( It's not Christmas yet! )
« Reply #967 on: November 30, 2023, 08:23:21 AM »

I have friends who suffered bereavements at this time of year and 'happy C.mas' seems inappropriate.

Timed appropriately i think a happy christmas card can help someone to move forward.

CLKD

« Reply #968 on: November 30, 2023, 09:20:31 AM »

>:( If I received a 'happy c.mas' card following a bereavement it would go straight into the bin!

Minusminnie

« Reply #969 on: November 30, 2023, 09:29:30 AM »

>:( If I received a 'happy c.mas' card following a bereavement it would go straight into the bin!

I did say timed appropriately.
I wouldn’t dream of sending that type of card following a bereavement but given some time passing……

CLKD

« Reply #970 on: November 30, 2023, 09:34:02 AM »

Is there an appropriate time, that's up to the bereaved person to decide upon - not any1 else. 

Autumnwalks

« Reply #971 on: November 30, 2023, 11:17:37 PM »

My best and dearest friend of 50+ years died on Christmas Day 3 years ago from cancer. I got the message from her daughter Christmas morning and she said they were still opening presents and cooking dinner and trying to make the very best of the day and she hoped I would do the same and that the day wouldn't become synonymous with her death as she loved Christmas and all the fairs, food, wreath making etc. So I raise a glass and think of her with a smile. We still send Happy Christmas cards to each other.

CLKD

« Reply #972 on: December 01, 2023, 09:39:12 AM »

Your friend led the way so that friends knew how to approach a very sensitive subject.

jaypo

« Reply #973 on: December 01, 2023, 09:40:22 AM »

I think it's down to the individual,no right or wrong,my SIL is obviously distraught at losing a child to suicide on Christmas Eve and sending a "happy Christmas " card just isn't appropriate but that's lovely what you do for your friend,she'll be smiling down on you 🥲

Autumnwalks

« Reply #974 on: December 01, 2023, 09:50:43 AM »

That's a terrible situation Jaypo. No opportunity for conversations of how to handle moving forward, if such a thing is possible. When death is expected, although it's still a shock, it gives you a chance to talk about these things. Thank you, I like to think she is.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67