Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 142849 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #915 on: November 07, 2023, 07:36:05 PM »

I'd ditch that Solicitor HOW DARE HE/SHE!  It takes 2 professionals to pass a Section Order on a member of the public and if some1 is already 'known' and wasn't co-operating, he could have been seen as a danger to himself or others .......   Something that the Police could have arranged independently of what the solicitor recommended.  Again, too many people involved when some1 requires assistance. 

There is a fund for claiming against damage: i.e. involving un-insured drivers?  It might be worth you putting in a Claim for the windshield.   

Penguin

« Reply #916 on: November 07, 2023, 07:45:57 PM »

I'd ditch that Solicitor HOW DARE HE/SHE!  It takes 2 professionals to pass a Section Order on a member of the public and if some1 is already 'known' and wasn't co-operating, he could have been seen as a danger to himself or others .......   Something that the Police could have arranged independently of what the solicitor recommended.  Again, too many people involved when some1 requires assistance. 

There is a fund for claiming against damage: i.e. involving un-insured drivers?  It might be worth you putting in a Claim for the windshield.   

We are actually getting it at a much reduced rate of 144 through a deal done with our insurers and the glass company. It doesn't count towards my no claims either which is good as I've never claimed before. I wasn't too upset that night when I'd heard he was getting help,  but thoroughly annoyed the next day when they rang me with an update and said what had happened when he was in the custody suite. One neighbour witnessed it from being outside and the other videod it from behind her shutters. So there was evidence to charge him with and he is misguoded to say he didilnt do it with unequivocal evidence like that, but what good will that do if he is mentally unwell. Unless he was just high on drugs and changed his position as the high wore off, I don't know 🤷‍♂️.

CLKD

« Reply #917 on: November 07, 2023, 08:03:11 PM »

Should go to Court?

Penguin

« Reply #918 on: November 07, 2023, 08:04:54 PM »

Should go to Court?

Yes it will do. We've pressed charges. Stupid system. Gave my daughter a good story for show and tell at school yesterday though.

CLKD

« Reply #919 on: November 07, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »

Do the School do a Panto.?

Penguin

« Reply #920 on: November 08, 2023, 07:01:35 AM »

Do the School do a Panto.?

No, nativity in the first couple if years then a proper play. Good for my daughter, she is into drama.

Minusminnie

« Reply #921 on: November 08, 2023, 07:02:05 AM »

Sounds like he needed 999 for an ambulance to get into A&E and not the police.

There weren't any ambulances to come. When he was arrested the police arranged a mental health assessment for him which he refused to co-operate with, then his solicitor advised him to say no comment to everything so they ended up having to release him. I agree, he needed medical help but he then turned it down when he was offered it. As a result he has been charged with a criminal offence and let back on the street. There wasn't enough to section him.

If only an ambulance had come......

CLKD

« Reply #922 on: November 08, 2023, 09:58:10 AM »

I remember Mum spending hours preparing for the Nativity, for 4-5 year olds.  She loved it all.  And took photos each year ......

At an antique fair recently I saw paper fold out decorations: bells, angels: and rolls of crepe paper that must have been back as far as the 50s.  When I returned someone had bought them, otherwise  ::)

Penguin

« Reply #923 on: November 08, 2023, 10:05:07 AM »

I remember Mum spending hours preparing for the Nativity, for 4-5 year olds.  She loved it all.  And took photos each year ......

At an antique fair recently I saw paper fold out decorations: bells, angels: and rolls of crepe paper that must have been back as far as the 50s.  When I returned someone had bought them, otherwise  ::)

I'd have bought them too! We have a crepe paper fairy for the top of our tree, might need replacing soon!

I love a nativity x

Minusminnie

« Reply #924 on: November 08, 2023, 01:31:17 PM »

I love a nativity x
[/quote]

So do I. All the effort the teachers and assistants put into it and seeing the confidence in the grandchildren and others is great.  Some might say time when they could be doing other classes but to me it is worth it. Plus it is a fund raiser for the school.

CLKD

« Reply #925 on: November 08, 2023, 01:39:52 PM »

It's a bit like taking children on holiday in Term time?  'could be doing other classes' - no education is wasted. 

Holiday involves deciding what to take B4 packing the cases; checking passports/visas; looking at maps to see where they are going; the choice of travel; mixing with others; trying different food stuffs

Nativity: helping Mum making costumes even if it's a Tea-towel on the head for the shepherds; learning about the spices taken to the Stable, the spelling of which still goes by me  ::) ; learning about different countries involved in the story. 

Penguin

« Reply #926 on: November 12, 2023, 03:43:16 PM »

Watching Elf with the kids this afternoon with a large bowl of salted popcorn and a box of Celebrations. I can't believe they've caved so early! Hubby walking the dog to escape 🤣

CLKD

« Reply #927 on: November 12, 2023, 04:20:37 PM »

;D

I'm headed away from celebrations this year other than my tree if I can find space: usually up from 18th Dec ;-). 

Penguin

« Reply #928 on: November 12, 2023, 04:45:30 PM »

;D

I'm headed away from celebrations this year other than my tree if I can find space: usually up from 18th Dec ;-).

We've just been debating when to get the tree! Looks like it'll be bought on the 2nd, rested overnight, then decorated on the 3rd which is first day of Advent this year. As we are away two weekends in December, it's either that or not until much later.

CLKD

« Reply #929 on: November 12, 2023, 04:54:42 PM »

There's too much trouble in the World to even consider C.mas  :'(  :-\.  Plus postage costs are higher than ever, not that I grudge sending cards ........ but the ethos doesn't sit well this year.  I walked out of Mass when I was 4 ........ apparently  :-X
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 67