Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 142848 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #885 on: November 04, 2023, 10:18:50 AM »

:whist:

jaypo

« Reply #886 on: November 04, 2023, 11:07:51 AM »

Shuuuuuuuuutttttt it woman  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #887 on: November 04, 2023, 11:15:30 AM »

:lol:

Penguin

« Reply #888 on: November 04, 2023, 12:46:43 PM »

I bought an advent calendar for my daughter today, hidden it in the car  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #889 on: November 04, 2023, 01:33:16 PM »

Hopefully the chocolates won't melt - will U have to make sure ;-) ?  :D

jaypo

« Reply #890 on: November 04, 2023, 03:16:08 PM »

I used to love the advent calendars that had little gifts in them,little toys,like the kinder eggs have inside

Penguin

« Reply #891 on: November 04, 2023, 03:16:25 PM »

Hopefully the chocolates won't melt - will U have to make sure ;-) ?  :D

Its a body shop one so no testing for me! I have bought the m&s beauty one though and I'm hoping she'll share! Son is getting a magic tricks one.

Penguin

« Reply #892 on: November 04, 2023, 03:19:08 PM »

I used to love the advent calendars that had little gifts in them,little toys,like the kinder eggs have inside

I made one at my sewing class for them to share and I put little sweeties, chocs, erasers, boumcy balls in it each year, they love it.

jaypo

« Reply #893 on: November 04, 2023, 04:48:48 PM »

Aww that's lovely penguin, I sooooooo miss my daughter being young,we used to make Christmas decorations,we'd go a forest walk and pick cones and twigs up,then spray them with silver and gold paint and glitter,we made them for the cost of the paint and glitter and M&S used to charge about £20 for theirs  ;D I loved Christmas in those days

Penguin

« Reply #894 on: November 04, 2023, 05:00:29 PM »

Aww that's lovely penguin, I sooooooo miss my daughter being young,we used to make Christmas decorations,we'd go a forest walk and pick cones and twigs up,then spray them with silver and gold paint and glitter,we made them for the cost of the paint and glitter and M&S used to charge about £20 for theirs  ;D I loved Christmas in those days

We do the same with pine cones. Plus make paper chains. And have made a Christmas wreath the last couple of years rather than buy one. I can imagine going off Christmas a bit when the kids are older, well at least in that hiatus until I (hopefully!!l get grandchildren x

SarahT

« Reply #895 on: November 04, 2023, 05:13:19 PM »

I have to have paper chains....I am the youngest in our house age 57 but I need paperchains. And an old fashioned advent calendar. Lost my mum this year but she made little felt stockings and out chocolate in them for the tree, as I now do!

CLKD

« Reply #896 on: November 04, 2023, 05:21:37 PM »

I have a very large pine cone in gold paint that Mum picked up when we lived in Wales in the 1970s.  On a very long 'stem'.  As kids we made paper chains, each end was sticky so we could loop any colour we liked.  If they fell apart a little glue was found.  No 'calendars', these went by us.  We had a pillow case ...... and I remember the walkie talkie doll falling over in the early hours  ::).  It wasn't the doll I wanted  >:( as she has short curly blonde hair, the 1 I wanted had long dark hair.  Sadly Dolly is in pieces as the elastic snapped in the Summer ....... still she is 64 years old  :D.

Our rooms are long and narrow so no good for ceiling decorations and don't know where the tree will stand as we've moved furniture around this year  ::)

Penguin

« Reply #897 on: November 04, 2023, 05:40:00 PM »

I have to have paper chains....I am the youngest in our house age 57 but I need paperchains. And an old fashioned advent calendar. Lost my mum this year but she made little felt stockings and out chocolate in them for the tree, as I now do!

Oh that sounds lovely, do you hang them om the tree? What chocs do you get? The homemade advent calendar I made for the kids to share is 24 little fabric stocking all joined together in a line like bunting. I hang them across out shutters in the living room. Hopefully they'll be kept and passed down too!

Penguin

« Reply #898 on: November 04, 2023, 05:42:41 PM »

I have a very large pine cone in gold paint that Mum picked up when we lived in Wales in the 1970s.  On a very long 'stem'.  As kids we made paper chains, each end was sticky so we could loop any colour we liked.  If they fell apart a little glue was found.  No 'calendars', these went by us.  We had a pillow case ...... and I remember the walkie talkie doll falling over in the early hours  ::).  It wasn't the doll I wanted  >:( as she has short curly blonde hair, the 1 I wanted had long dark hair.  Sadly Dolly is in pieces as the elastic snapped in the Summer ....... still she is 64 years old  :D.

Our rooms are long and narrow so no good for ceiling decorations and don't know where the tree will stand as we've moved furniture around this year  ::)

My children have personalised santa sacks, but I had a pillowcase as a kid. I remember my mum lying with me one Christmas Eve and me being still awake when my dad crawled in on his hands and knees to fill the pillowcase up. My mum distracted me by telling me she could hear sleigh bells from the window and she remembered me being absolutely convinced I could hear them too!

SarahT

« Reply #899 on: November 04, 2023, 07:18:05 PM »

Oh Penguin what a lovely memory. I made a little picture once for Santa, and Christmas morning he replied!! His not said he had pinned it to Rudolphs reins! I was so excited. And we put mini mars and bounties etc in the stockings, high up from the cats and any visiting dogs. Oh, found some vintage Christmas card cat hunting on Etsy this year... Just get an order in. Love bunting. Poor husband does indulge me on the decs front.

CLKD... There is always room for a Christmas tree! Rearrange that furniture back!
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67