Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 142498 times)

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »

Aww I loved Spirograph, we used to build playing cards up in a pyramid, and just as one of us had the last one at the top to put on, one of us would blow, or push it all down...🤬. 😂🤣

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »

I had hours of fun with Spirograph as well and I loved my knitting Nancy! I'm sure we did that as well Jillydoll and as I have 3 siblings, one would get annoyed & knock things down in spite!

jaypo

« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2019, 10:32:42 AM »

My favourite toy ever was a farm (toy not a real one ;D) had a little barn and a little plastic farmer and his wife,then after that,every bit of pocket money would be spent on buying animals,it was my escape as a child,I'd play for hours with them all,shame a lot of kids don't use their imagination nowadays ☹️
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:00:42 PM by jaypo »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2019, 11:50:35 AM »

We had a farm too.  'fuzzy felts'.  Bendy toys  :-X.  Dad built my sister a Noah's ark out of balsa wood, flying paper and dope.  Mum bought suitably sized animals to fit under the lid which was the roof so it was all tidy. 

I have 3 boxes to wrap.  Tissue paper found.  Items put into the boxes, they kind of fit  ;D.  Little steps ?

CLKD

« Reply #364 on: November 12, 2019, 04:42:29 PM »

Those 3 boxes filled, wrapped, labelled and ready to 'go'.  2 cards found, ready to write.  HUMBUGS  ;D

Not 1 person that we didn't send a card to last year has been in contact  >:( so that's my list, halved  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #365 on: November 12, 2019, 06:54:12 PM »

Bonus clkd  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #366 on: November 12, 2019, 08:48:32 PM »

;D  :o. I suppose it is ............  :thankyou: as long as they don't pop up in December wondering where we are .........

CLKD

« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »

Ladies:

How many of you keep decorations?  Some we have are over 50 years old.  When I go to the tip in Jan. I notice 100s of items being dumped into land fill.  >:( some which I could make use of  ;D This should stop !  We have tinsel [which should not be banned from sale] left over from years ago.  Wrapping paper too, cut smaller and smaller over the years.   :D

Our artificial tree is over 10 years' old.  It is dressed. In the attic.  But we haven't had it down due to a furniture move around  :'( .  I do have wreaths, made up over the years which hang in the attic on hooks.  I buy cheaper items in the Sales to add to the wreaths.  I have a C.mas one which gets taken off the door on 28th to be replaced by the White New Year 1 with a wooden dove. 

I need to get my head round moving furniture so that I can have my tree down B4 20th Dec.  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #368 on: November 16, 2019, 04:45:33 PM »

I wouldn't consider buying new decks if I can get them in the sales  ;D.  Especially as we have plenty and I don't actually agree with Ch.mas.

1st is far too early  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #369 on: November 16, 2019, 05:25:04 PM »

Our trees have lights woven through which I switch on around 11th Dec and leave winking in various combinations until mid-Jan.. 

The lights on the artificial tree get plugged in and hey presto! work  ;D. We have garden solar lights around the ponds and by the front door.

jaypo

« Reply #370 on: November 16, 2019, 06:13:35 PM »

My nana had a kissing mr & Mrs Santa,with wobbly heads,they had magnets in their lips,she gave them to my mum and my mum gave them to my niece,they must be 80 years old

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2019, 07:41:28 PM »

I retrieved a couple of hanging decorations for the tree, when we cleared my parents house out after they'd passed on...they must be 40 years old at least...only small, but mean so much...
We've had a black Xmas tree for about 15 years....when it's dressed with gold, white and red decorations,  it looks pretty good. Especially with the twinkling lights on it... the twinkling lights are the only thing I love about Xmas!

CLKD

« Reply #372 on: November 16, 2019, 08:39:29 PM »

I'm getting that way jillydoll [have you eaten today '-) ] ............ HUMBUGS

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »

I am partial to a humbug....😆

jaypo

« Reply #374 on: November 17, 2019, 09:57:42 AM »

I now love Christmas beeeeeeecaaaaaaaussse .............. who would like to finish that sentence  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 67