Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: dreams  (Read 40125 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: dreams
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »

I know what triggers some of them  ::) …… I don't always remember them ………

CLKD

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2015, 03:01:02 PM »

Bears: yep, those fluffy stuffed toys, not  ::)

I saw a photo yesterday of a train in Canada - in front of the train was a grizzly bear standing on his hind feet so the train had stopped.  So my brain took all that on board …….. in my dream a friend had asked me to take care of 2 bears whilst on holiday.  One lived in a cardboard box the other in the airing cupboard.  The latter was easier to take for a walk than the one in the box, 'cos I didn't know where his head was - being curled up and all.  So I spent a lot of the dream gently poking the bear in the box to wake him gently ……. once out of the box I fixed a harness on both bears and off we went.  No one in the street batted an eyelid  ;D but we didn't let them off lead in the fields …….. then it was back to the house and into the box/airing cupboard  :D …….  ;D

Joyce

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 05:15:28 PM »

Last night I walked for miles & miles in my sleep. Supposedly in Glasgow, but many things were different. I could see the SECC from Kingston Bridge, no River Clyde it was all housing. I was very confused by the view & remember thinking I was lost. My mind must have been working overtime last night!

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 08:36:34 PM »

I've had lots of busy dreams this week  ::) - one I was able to relate to DH immediately on walking.  Can't remember it now.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 09:06:56 PM »

I was on Amitriptyline for 7 months last year. I slept very deeply but stopped dreaming. Since stopping taking it, my sleep has sometimes been quite poor and erratic. And I still haven't started dreaming again.

But funnily enough I've just enjoyed a really good 2 weeks on my HRT (only started it 5 weeks ago), and felt the best I have felt since my peri menopause journey began. And I have started dreaming again. They're quite long dreams and leave me feeling quite uplifted and happy.

On Monday night I dreamt I was shopping in my home town with my Mum, on a really warm sunny day. We turned a corner to find a whole street of exciting new shops that we had never seen before. Pretty dull stuff but actually the dream was very happy and I woke up feeling happier as a result.

It can't be coincidence can it?

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »

I was in Burma the other night.  Now I've never flown ……… but had sold up the house and gone there.  DH was following on a separate plane with more luggage.  I was wandering in and out of streets and came upon one which was built like an English Victorian Street complete with red tiled roofs.  I slept in a small room (in a terrace arrangement) and a lady came at 4.30 a.m. to light the Primus stove to make tea and boil water for washing.  4.30  :o but I didn't seem to mind.  The whole area was foggy.  Tourists had to walk 2 miles as the coaches couldn't get and were disappointed not to have a view!

But there was a view, I saw it (in my dream).  It arrived every morning, early - FabULus! hence being woken at 4.30 I suppose  ::)

At the back of the small room was a bath and loo on a balcony  :o over-looking a valley …...

Joyce

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »

Last night I was climbing sand dunes. Not regular sized one, these were like mountains. Hubby was pushing a bike up the with our daughter. I trekked my way up following well trampled paths. In my head I was in Lossiemouth, but view was much more spectacular.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2015, 09:44:24 PM »

I've read my dream about bears and I don't remember that at all  :-\ - maybe I dreamt it  ::)

I wonder how much our brains never let out once we've experienced something, mine seems to pick up all kinds of issues each day and then scrambles them  ;D

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »

Since I posted upthread a few weeks ago saying I had started dreaming again, I seem to dream most nights. Really quite long, busy dreams that seem to last hours. So far they have all been quite calm happy dreams which I hope is a positive sign?

Any scientific person on here able to explain the link between hormone levels and dreaming? I know when I took ADs back when I had PND I never dreamed at all.

Joyce

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

I am aware of dreaming most nights, but seldom remember content. Always been like that.

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

My dreams got busier etc. when I found an AD which suits me  ::) - usually I can't remember them or maybe parts …...

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

Last night was busy!

Brother in Law and his wife decided that they wanted to buy a saluki - so after a bit of adverse advice from me they went to Whippet rescue and came out with 1 tan whippet and a little girl of 18 months - who had a full vocabulary and could chat away 19-/dozen.  I then had to explain to them how to keep the whippet secure whilst travelling and we went to Halfords for a car seat as they apparently do a free fitting  :-\ …….. but when we arrived it wasn't Halfords but Woolies  :D ……. so we were directed round various towns I've visited in my past looking for a suitable child seat ………. DH kept yawning …….. at times he was driving the car other times it was someone else ……….

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2015, 02:02:54 PM »

Well I had the busiest, craziest dreams last night!

Went to a country park where there were animals roaming free, (1) i.e. lions, snakes, a large bull - but people didn't seem phased though it was bothering me a lot.  DH was with me initially and we were trying to find somewhere to buy food, then he suddenly disappeared into the distance (a) and Mum was there …….. she was trying to use her mobile phone to contact DH but I couldn't read the numbers on the keypad …….. we then found ourselves in a ruin again with lots of people around (b).  Several times during the dream lost dogs were trying to reach me and I only had one lead ……. (2)

1 - neighbour went to a local zoo during the week
a - he did this in a town earlier this year, suddenly disappeared  :o
b - I tried to phone him but was shaking so much I couldn't hold the mobile still enough
2 - neighbour is thinking about getting a pup

SO it's logical in that my brain is picking up daily events which it then scrambles but it makes me SO tired  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »

My problem on waking up is deciding what day it is  ::)

Honeyb
x

dazned

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2015, 09:57:44 AM »

I had that this morning,on being rudelya awakened by my mobile ringing I thought what day is it ,initiayly thought it was Monday !  :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11