Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: dreams  (Read 40147 times)

toffeecushion

dreams
« on: November 06, 2014, 04:39:38 AM »

Anyone notice an increase of dreaming during peri menopause?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 04:44:46 PM by toffeecushion »

kiltgirl

Re: dreams
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »

hello...yes I think I've noticed this...I haven't been aware that I've had any dreams in years but lately keep waking up in the small hours realising i've just had one...weird!

toffeecushion

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »

Me too, not really nightmares but not nice dreams.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 08:23:29 AM »

I'm having some weird dreams that are hard to shake off X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 09:43:17 AM »

Definitely weird dreams are a menopause symptom. I had a break from HRT for 3 years during my early 50s & my sleep was very broken and any dreams I had were unpleasant and would keep me awake because I couldn't get them out of my head.  When I went back on HRT, one of the first things I noticed was that I was getting better quality sleep with good dreams.
I've just had a horrible night - I managed to drop off to sleep but woke quite quickly & then couldn't' get back to sleep.  I felt really hot and restless and the bits of sleep I did get gave me horrid dreams.  Off to work now - I hope I can concentrate.  DG x

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:22 AM »

I was on beta blockers last year and found my dreams horrible, frightening about family members, can be a side effect seemingly. Anyway now off them and on HRT and now my dreams are good, sometimes waken myself laughing! When i awake in the morning i have a chuckle to myself. Sometimes they are a little risky if you know what i mean ;) reminds me of the TV programme Stella that was on, she was put on HRT and had some erotic dreams, at the time I thought Aye right ill have some of that, now ive got some of that ;D

TropicalVon69

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »

Its weird isnt it DG...hope you m

Liz

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »

Yes, me too!! I dream a lot, and can even dream on the sofa if I fall asleep - they're very vivid too!  I notice it more on the Utrogestan phase of my HRT.

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »

Vivid dreams every night. Last night I was buying a bra, I asked for sassy.  ;D Got see- thru number. Then tried on a chiffon playsuit which was in a sale for £80. So much detail. Should have seen my hair this morning!  ;D ;D

Millykin

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 08:16:54 PM »

Hi
Ye I mentioned dreams about family members they were so scary, that was few months ago and still I can visualise them, really messed with my days x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »

My medication gives me busy, involved, long dreams - brain picks up something from the news, adds friends not thought of for years++, situations that I have glimpsed in the day-time and runs with it all: not awful but stupidly involved!

jacquiellen

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »

I have bad dreams since I started HRT, definately a link between the two for me! Didn't sleep as much before I started on the HRT but when I did, I didn't dream.
Most dreams are not nice dreams either.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 08:03:23 PM »

I found that if I slept in the day I didn't dream at all  ::)

warwick01

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 04:09:23 PM »

Hi - on Northisterone phase I get bad scary dreams!

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 05:16:27 PM »

Well I had some wacky dreams last night  ::)

1 was about my hairy legs.  I was asked along to a 'do' which meant wearing a skirt  :o so I went in a long one but when I sat the legs were on show  :-\ …… and someone was really looking in disgust at them ……. [I looked at my legs as I slipped into bed]

another was about being bombed - I was on the outside of a village and all hell was happening around me, bombs being lobbed into a corralled village in Africa: but no-one seemed to see me …… however, I decided to lay down and play dead - but I wanted to save my wedding ring because if someone tried to pull it from my finger I would move ……

can't remember the 3rd - it was vivid though.  I'm ready for sleep now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11