Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Advice and help please !  (Read 7305 times)

Hurdity

Re: Advice and help please !
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 05:19:36 PM »

Hi Jobo

I am one of those women that Dancinggirl refers to. I am 61 and have been on HRT for over 7 years. Apart from a short period of time off HRT completely ( 3 months) and a short time one continuous progesterone (no bleed HRT), I have been on a cycle. Even though I am well post-menopausal I choose to continue with a cycle because I do not want to take progesterone all the time because of the constant low grade side effects - probably like you experienced on the Elleste Duet conti.

It takes a bit of used to having a bleed again (especially at my age) - but there are several of us in late  50s/early 60's still having a cycle. I am on a long cycle so that the length of time on oestrogen only is increased. - mine is 6-8 weeks although I am trying a couple of 5 week cycles too.

At your age the average women ( if there is such a person!) is still having a cycle anyway so the only negative aspect is the inconvenience - and something you will need to weigh up when you think of the options. Constant progestogen and the potential side effects all the time, or a monthly bleed and a bit of pmt because you are still having a cycle?

There are disadvantages either way and the choice is personal.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Hurdity x

Pages: 1 [2]