Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hay Fever ... in Autumn!  (Read 2219 times)

Stellajane

Hay Fever ... in Autumn!
« on: November 04, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »

Has anyone else been suffering from hay fever type symptoms this past couple of weeks. I've been terrible - very itchy eyes and sneezes. I'm hoping now the weather is turning more seasonably chilly it might resolve. I'm gradually having to take my hay fever meds for longer and longer!

babyjane

Re: Hay Fever ... in Autumn!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »

I don't get hay fever as such but I do have allergic rhinitis in April and September and my nose always runs once the central heating comes on.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »

Allergic rhinitis all year round but symptoms have improved since DH hoovered around the bedroom weekly and we do the mattress when I change sheets ………

All the while my tongue is scratching the roof of my mouth ………  :-\ …….. Beconase helps.  Willow pollen and oil seed rape are my worst triggers.

Scampi

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »

There was a item in the paper (can't remember which paper - sorry!) a few weeks ago about an American plant that doesn't usually grow well in the this country because the early-autumn chill kills it off before it can flower ... but this year it has been able to flower very well and its pollen has been found in places it's never been found before.  The article said the pollen is a powerful allergen, so hay-fever symptoms were likely to appear unseasonably late this year - this could be your explanation?