News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Teeth  (Read 6417 times)

orrla

Re: Teeth
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 08:54:21 PM »

Yes, there are sinuses across forehead - right above eyebrows.

You could ask for a referral to a facial maxillary surgeon to discuss the FB as well as any sinus symptoms.

My only problem is that my asking resulted in a clear 'no'.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »

I remember about the forehead now - thank you!

Could you speak to the Consultant's secretary to find out how to get an appt.?

libby1

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

A GP cannot refuse to refer you if you see a consultant privately  >:(  Generally they would charge around £200 for an initial consultation - might be worthwhile  :-\

Libby
x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2014, 07:57:37 PM »

A GP shouldn't refuse but they may do if a) they don't think a referral is appropriate or b) if it will cost the Practice ……..

Kas

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2014, 08:12:01 PM »

Something I have noticed just recently with my teeth is that they have become extra sensitive. I have always looked after my teeth and been told that they are in good condition. Am due to go back and have some old fillings replaced (only have 3) end of the month, and have been using a sensitive toothpaste for years. As I'm peri-menopausal and hormones have been off the charts for the last month, I'm guessing it's all connected.
Kas x

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 08:19:10 PM »

It's the gums that recede allowing air/infection down there.

I have a session with the hygienist due tomorrow!  :-\

orrla

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 01:27:00 PM »

Something I have noticed just recently with my teeth is that they have become extra sensitive. I have always looked after my teeth and been told that they are in good condition. Am due to go back and have some old fillings replaced (only have 3) end of the month, and have been using a sensitive toothpaste for years. As I'm peri-menopausal and hormones have been off the charts for the last month, I'm guessing it's all connected.
Kas x

So did I!

I think it is very much connected. I am not sure if HRT has anything to do with it too. To me this was most shocking symptom - my gums going down causing sensitivity bordering with pain. Had all this covered with composite eventually - now each time I have my teeth cleaned they take it off bit by bit.. .  a vicious circle  :(

My cheek's feeling uncomfortable still... :'(

Me too Kas - I've always had sensitive teeth but they have been more sensitive over the last three years or so (peri) - penny finally dropped - hormones again!  :(

S x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 03:30:17 PM »

I found that Sensodyne really did help sensitive areas - put on with a finger as a paste and me, being cynical was not expecting to notice any difference!
Pages: 1 [2]