Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Bad Back  (Read 2210 times)

margaret

Bad Back
« on: November 04, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »

Hi Ladies,

Does anyone know if my bad back and all the aches and pains I have are connected to the Menopause, I've had sciatica for 20 weeks now it's not as bad as when it first started but it doesn't seem to want to go away.

Thanks  :)

Joyce

Re: Bad Back
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »

My bad back started long before menopause. Aches & pains though are quite common.

Greyhoundgal

Re: Bad Back
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »

Hi Margaret

Sorry to hear about your sciatica, I had a small attack a few weeks ago which was mild by comparison so I can sympathise.  You really need to do some piriforma stretches if you can manage - if you google them it will bring up plenty but the one I did was fairly easy so I'll try and describe it here - give it a try, it does help. Lie on the floor on your back, bend your knees keeping the feet on the floor.  Lift one leg and cross it over the other bent knee (so your foot is resting on the knee) - this will stretch the muscle.  If you can do it it's even better if you can slightly lift the leg(keeping that leg bent) that is still on the floor, increasing the stretch.  Do it for as long as you can as often as you can - you'll hopefully be amazed by the results.