Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ridges on my nails  (Read 12243 times)

countrybumpkin

Re: Ridges on my nails
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »

I've always had ridges running from top to bottom of some of my fingernails so avidly looked at the link for nail conditions and was very happy to see that  abnormally curved nails can be a sign of heart disease which thankfully I don't have.  Its a great link as it shows photos of what the nails look like.

So its down to old age once again!!!!!!!!!!!

annieb

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »

I'd found that link some time ago but I couldn't see anything there about ridges running top to bottom (only running left to right - that being a possible sign of heart disease) Have I missed something?
I do buff them from time to time as this does even out the ridges (doesn't get rid of them of course) but that's not a good thing to do too often as it thins the nail so I'm told.

Winterose

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 02:08:23 PM »

I was told it was a damaged nail beds, suppose it just depends on what youve doing with your hands, my job involved lots of lifting and moving of things and was always bashing my nails,

Kas

Re: help for soft peeling nails
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »

A tip for soft peeling nails  that I have been using for years is  something called Nailtiques formula 2. Was a hairdresser for 20 odd years and my hands used to suffer terribly, then a Nail-tech who's a friend told me to try this and I haven't looked back. Brilliant stuff.
Also recently noticed pitting and dents in my nails, which the dr said was probably psorasis - another part of going through the change...wonderful!!
Haven't had such a bad day today, just don't feel quite as chilled as I would like..
Off to pilates in a mo, relax all the muscles.

sees ya later
kas
Pages: 1 [2]