Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sciatica  (Read 1616 times)

margaret

Sciatica
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »

Dear Ladies,

I hurt my back in June of this year, and do I know about it,  I've had every pain killer under the sun, physios, chiropractors, thankfully the pain has eased a lot, I injured the piriformis muscle which runs through the pelvis alongside the sciatic nerve.  Everyone tells you to try and keep active so I've joined a Yoga class for beginners and I think it's helping, it makes you think which way you move your body and how to hold the correct posture but it's done in a very relaxed way and I've met some lovely people.  Just an update on coming off HRT in April because of high blood pressure, it took 5 month for it to get out of my system, blood pressure fine now 130/70 it has been better than I thought still having a few hot flushes, night sweats much better and I feel much happier, HRT helped me for the first 2 years of the menopause I couldn't have done without it.

Bye for now x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Sciatica
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:01:56 PM »

I posted a reply and it disappeared  >:(  I find exercise helps!

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 12:38:30 PM »

Glad you're getting some help from your Yoga - I do Pilates and had some sciatic pain the other week.  Did some of the piriforma stretches that we do in class and the difference was amazing, sure it helped it clear up quicker than if I'd done nothing.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 01:05:06 PM »

Mine is triggered by not bending 'correctly', i.e. bending over and not kneeling when putting dogs' leads on!  I find that taking 2 Neurofen followed by brisk walking will release the nerve enough for it to be comfy ……….. I also have deep pain in both thighs, this was severe about 12 months ago and the GP gave it a long name ………. now present in the left side if I sleep on that side, painful enough to wake me  >:(