Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: sorry... not a exactly a joke but it made ME feel better!  (Read 6779 times)

Ancient mummy

sorry... not a exactly a joke but it made ME feel better!
« on: October 16, 2014, 09:30:07 AM »

Well, I'm only on day 2 of my lovely bright, new, shiny Elleste 1mg but I already feel better. Ok, so it has to be just in my mind but what the hell?! It's MY mind and I have to live with it!

The thing is, I was just in the kitchen making a list for tomorrow's "big shop". I had a rootle round the cupboards and remembered what I had to add. By the time I got back to said list, a distance of a few feet, I'd completely forgotten what I was supposed to be writing. But, instead of my usual swearing or crying which such incidents usually trigger,  I just told our lovely Cocker Spaniel, Bramble what had happened. She stood grinning at me and wagging her little tail off in that lovely, doggy "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I love you anyway" kind of way.  Anyway, I also just found myself dancing round the kitchen to that new "It's all about the bass" and singing along.  ;D

Yes, girls, I feel better. It might not last the day, but I thought I'd share it with you and take a few minutes to send you all hugs. Hope you all find something to smile about today.  :-*

Limpy

Re: sorry... not a exactly a joke but it made ME feel better!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »

Thanks AM - Hope you have another good day.

Ancient mummy

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 04:48:25 PM »

Thanks for that, Limpy. xxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:17:40 PM »

ENJOY :clapping:  DG x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »

Cockers are great lift me ups - mine used to shrug as if to say 'what's she going on about again'  ;D and stamped her front feet if she didn't get her grub fast enough  8)

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 10:51:56 PM »

And what a great new word to add to my vocabulary - rootle. I shall have a rootle in my cupboards. Have another good day tomorrow.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:34:33 AM »

Yes, rootle is a lovely expression.  I often use the word 'pootle' - I pootle along in the car or pootle around doing things.
I have a border terrier and he practically speaks.  Border Terriers are renowned for 'singing' - which means they make all kinds of sounds that could be interpreted as speaking or singing - so you can almost have a conversation with them. When you tickle them they often do a dog like purr.  When I arrive home from work I get a series of low growly sounds and if I ask him a question he responds with wonderful vocal expressions. He cuddles up when I'm feeling low - dogs are such a comfort. I personally feel we should get the expenses of keeping a dog off against tax as I'm sure they reduce the amount of doctor visits. For me the house isn't a home without a dog.  DG x

Ancient mummy

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 09:40:33 AM »

DG - you are so right about dogs. Your Border Terrier sounds lovely. I always think they are teddy bear dogs. Our Bramble "sings" to order if you ask her. We even vidieoed her "singing" along to my daughter's clarinet practice. It was hilarious. Recently,  she was watching (yes, really) a wildlife programme, featuring wolves in Yellowstone Park. She joined in with their eerie howling and came all over all primaeval for ages. It was quite spooky and obviously spoke to something in her inner soul!

Emma

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »

Meghan Trainor - All About That Bass  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 04:19:42 PM »

My border terrier loves any programme with animals - especially dogs.  Crufts has him spellbound for ages. DG x

Kas

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »

your story has just made me smile....thank you