Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Cerazette mini pill  (Read 3674 times)

robotwars

Cerazette mini pill
« on: October 04, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »

Hi! I have been taking Cerazette, I just wondered whether anyone else had been on this? I have now been bleeding for 9 days, is this usual with the mini pill, will it ever stop, I'm on my second packet of pills. These were suppose to help control my periods as before I was flooding all the time and coming on every couple of weeks, things were doing ok till I came on, now I don't seem to be stopping! Is this common with this pill or will it settle down after a few months? Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?

honeybun

Re: Cerazette mini pill
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 08:31:56 AM »

My daughter is on this and it took six months or so to settle. She tries to take it at the same time every day which seems to help. However if she even misses one she starts to bleed again and it can take a couple of weeks to settle again.

Our GP has told her it's a common problem so you are not alone.

Honeyb
x

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 10:16:50 AM »

Hi
Ye cerrazette needs to be taken at same time everyday to work good in your system. I was on it for few years never had any long or heavy bleeds. I just enede up taking a bleed every few months unless like Honeyb says you miss one and bleed will start. Just keep taking things should settle and be religious about time taken like 10pm every night, also if you get upset stomach you may bleed. Hope this helps
Millykin x

robotwars

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:51:59 PM »

Thanks for replies. I have been taking it between 9.30 and 10pm every night! So hope fully it will settle down soon, I hope so I hate being on for so long!!!

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »

Hi, I was on this for approx 3 years, can't remember what it was like at the start but I didn't bleed at all  ;) I only came off it because I suspected the progesterone wasn't doing me any good  ??? This was confirmed recently when I was told I'm progesterone intolerant  :-\

Estelle  :)