Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: struggling again  (Read 2716 times)

donnacrichton

struggling again
« on: October 04, 2014, 01:39:38 PM »

Hi I've been on estrogel 1 pump morning 1 pump night and was ticking along. The last 2 days started bleeding again and symptoms back with a bang. Gynaecology has said to adjust estrogel according to symptoms. Been trying to stick to regular dose to get constant dose of hormone. I have no clue what to do x

Dancinggirl

Re: struggling again
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 04:41:33 PM »

Do remind us what progesterone you are using? HAve you got a Mirena?
Your own hormones may be fluctuating so this could cause the bleeding.
DG x

donnacrichton

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »

Hi I have the coil fitted. The consultant said my own hormones should be regulated by gel. Don't know if high or low. Trying not to make quick decisions. Getting the hormone sex urges again. I don't know if estrogen slowly builds up as this happened with patches also was fine for a while then symptoms back again. Not cries fir about a month and today hardly stopped

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »

I don't think we can blame hormones for everything. Some women need ADs alongside HRT to be able to cope with the meno and life in general.
It does sound to me as though you are getting a surge of your own hormones - this is typical of the peri stage I'm afraid. DGx

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »

Hi donnacrichton

I agree it does sound like your own hormones - ie your cycle kicking in. The pms and return of symptoms is likely to be due to your own oestrogen falling in the second half of whatever cycle you are having, and the pms prior to the bleed - the fall in progesterone which triggers the bleed. Sounds like your cycle is still quite strong?

As Dancinggirl says this is typical of peri and most likely a surge of hormones.

Personally I prefer patches (although I've never tried gel) because the dose is more constant - there is no room for user variation! Why not give it a week or so and see if your symptoms disappear, but if not why not try increasing the dose to 3 pumps (can't remember how old you are). Although the response isn't instant like painkillers - you may well find that the symptoms stay away whether or not your own cycle is happening.

I am not a fan of ADs for hormonal symptoms - so I would persevere with trying to tweak your current HRT regime and recognise that you may still have a few bad days - and try to cope with these as you did during your normal cycle - in your younger days.

Do hope you manage to get it sorted soon!

Hurdity x

donnacrichton

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 07:22:49 PM »

Bleeding has increased but managing to keep quite calm surprising! I don't want to put anymore drugs in my system. I have been having cortisol injections last 3 weeks for a torn muscle would that effect levels?