Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Changing patches progesterone advice & anxiety again  (Read 5894 times)

Hurdity

Re: Changing patches progesterone advice & anxiety again
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:15:50 AM »

Hi karenja

Sorry to hear the doc couldn't find Utrogestan - it sometimes appears as the generic "micronised progesterone". It really is too bad that so many docs seem unable to prescribe licensed products and especially as Dr Currie recommended it.

Patches shouldn't cause any pain but if you are allergic to the adhesive you could get irritation at the patch site?

Try not to worry and let's hope you feel OK on the Femseven! Our cat is miaowing to be let in as I write (even though she has a cat flap!!).  :)

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 05:44:50 PM »

Hi

I have had to come off patches today, feeling spaced out a bit fainty just not right been like this for about three days, strange as its my third month on everol sequi and I thought things would getter better on the progesterone but this week has been the worst, I only had two more days after today as Im due to change Saturday, can I start the femseven patches (estrogen side to start) tomorrow now as Im on nothing at the moment and I wont have femseven until tomorrow as my pharmacy didn't have them x

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 05:50:48 PM »

No problem with this karenja.

Sorry to hear about your weird feelings in this patch. Norethisterone made me feel a bit spaced out too although this isn't harmful in itself.

The withdrawal of progesterone (from removing the patch) will trigger your bleed. It is unlikely that a couple of days short of the progestogen dose will make any difference and you may not notice a day without oestrogen as it takes a while for levels to drop and then the effects to become apparent - for most women anyway.

Good luck with the Femseven  :)

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 06:09:25 PM »

Hi Hurdity I haven't had a bleed since Ive been on the everol sequi (three months almost) so don't know if this will happen now, I tend to put the patch on in the morning and wont have the femseven  until tomorrow evening so will start Friday morning hope this still ok, im a worrier/anxious person worst than ever these days x

karenja

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 06:13:17 PM »

would love to come off hrt altogether in an ideal world but its helped flushes/night sweats brilliantly and definitely helped the anxiety at times so cant take a risk, weird to think im on nothing now for a few days.

My cats playing up too :( Ive also adopted a stray and got him a little kennel outside my cat is not too impressed (spoilt) x

karenja

« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »

Still feeling a bit spacey today no patch may start femseven tonight

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 05:10:53 PM »

I always put my patches on in the evening anyway - although as mine are twice weekly I have recently started to try to remember to change one of them on Friday mornings to keep oestrogen levels up.

Try not to worry about all the little things you feel in your body - this is so normal during menopause and on HRT - just concentrate if you can on the big things you want to sort out - the physical symptoms and then try to feel optimistic that it will eventually alleviate much of your anxiety (that is - if there is nothing in your life that's making you anxious in which case it's understandable!).

In the meantime have you seen the nomorepanic site - I'm sure someone will have recommended it in the past but here it is in case not ( someone else on the forum posted about this a while back...)?
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/

Hurdity x  :)
Pages: 1 [2]